Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beartiedie
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku camera freezing up and can’t get them to stop

Jump to solution

Nope they never fixed it. 

User45
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Any luck resolving cloud storage/record/playback issues everyone seems to be having?  Last firmware update didn’t fix issues 

0 Kudos
arholmes
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Still loving my Ring camera!! No problems.

0 Kudos
Beartiedie
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Switching out the cameras to Wyze. @RokuDanny-R It's time for Roku to RMA and refund the cameras 6 months later and it is just getting worse. 

0 Kudos
Cloveless
Channel Surfer

Re: Wireless indoor cameras not playing back recorded events

Jump to solution

I have submitted multiple logs with details and some with photos, and yet, here we are still.

0 Kudos
Cloveless
Channel Surfer

Re: Wireless indoor cameras not playing back recorded events

Jump to solution

Considering the issue is ongoing, I could send quite a few more. Would you prefer every video that is doing this (which is literally every video right now). Live stream works fine. The events will not play. 

AmyPack

Re: Roku camera freezing up and can’t get them to stopl

Jump to solution

I just bought this camera (Roku ) and it won’t stop freezing. It’s constant. Seeing this problem has been going on a long time isn’t a good sign. Is there any resolution to this? I bought this because of security concerns and now I’m here with a frozen camera. 

0 Kudos
Beartiedie
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Take them back and get anything else. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @AmyPack

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We understand that you're dealing with a freezing issue with your Roku camera, and we'd like to help. What specific model of Roku camera are you having issues with? Also, could you please elaborate on how the issue occurred and when it started? Furthermore, have you tried restarting your camera?

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Beartiedie
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hey @RokuTakashi, thanks for your prompt response.

I've been dealing with the camera freezing issue for a while now, and it's been quite frustrating. Many of us in this thread have tried various troubleshooting steps, as detailed in previous posts. It seems like a recurring problem affecting both playback and live stream.

Given that @RokuDanny-R mentioned a root cause had been identified, we were hopeful that the recent firmware update would resolve the issue. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case.

If the team could take a moment to review the posts, they might find valuable information on the steps we've already taken. This could potentially save time and avoid revisiting solutions that haven't worked in the past.

Considering the extended duration of this problem, could you provide a more concrete timeline for resolution or explore options for RMA and refund? We invested in these cameras for security purposes, and the current situation is far from ideal.

Your continued assistance and updates on this matter are highly appreciated.

0 Kudos