Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CarlyK101

Roku camera freezing up and can’t get them to stop

Jump to solution

I have 2 Roku wired cameras. When I go to watch the recording it freezes up. how do I solve this. The cameras are up to date and have good Wi-Fi connection 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku camera freezing up and can’t get them to stop

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We appreciate your patience while we investigated they you are experiencing with playback freezing. 

Please be aware that we believe that we have found the root cause of the issue and expect this issue to be resolved in a future update release.

Your patience and understanding in the meantime is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

45 REPLIES 45
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@CarlyK101

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What exactly is freezing up? Is the Roku mobile app playback, the Roku Smart Home camera, or the mobile app itself? What are the exact steps to reproduce the issue you are experiencing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Beartiedie
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Mine are freezing on event playback it, pays for a few seconds (3 to 4) then, freezes and skips to 7 to 8 seconds in the playback.

enska
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

I searched the forum for my issue and found this post.

I have an Indoor Camera and a smart home subscription. When there is a video saved with the smart home subscription (i.e. not on an SD card) the video always freezes around 2 seconds and skips about 4 seconds of footage. It happens to all saved videos on the cloud.

Sometimes the live feed also freezes for the same amount of time but not always.

I'm not sure what section of the process is having trouble, if it's the app or the camera or my wifi or what. Thanks! 

enska
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I forgot to add that the glitch remains in videos that I save to my device

0 Kudos
Beartiedie
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

I have pulled the SD card from the cameras that developed the issues (Time Warp) and the video stored on the SD card does not have the problem only the cloud-saved video.  I have also reset the cameras removed them from the app and installed them again. The issue is still there no change. 

Link to example 1 

I have called and talked with support and was informed to return the cameras to Walmart they are thinking it's a camera issue. There is another friend down the road that is having the same issue with his camera.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
mlm44
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I have the same freezing issue with playing back the event recordings (image freezes from about 2 seconds until about 8 seconds into the recording) but only on my floodlight camera. The event recordings on my other Roku cameras (indoor and wired doorbell) do not freeze during playback. The floodlight camera is about 15 feet away from the WiFi router. The other cameras are as much as 50 feet away and don't have this issue.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@mlm44

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that we are currently investigating the issue you are experiencing.

Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
arholmes
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am having same problem.

0 Kudos