Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ljmd
Reel Rookie

Roku Smart Home Camera No Notifications

I have same problem with same 360 camera.  Ready to give up after months of frustration.  ROKU offers no support. No good if I can’t get alerts on my phone. 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
OaklandAs33
Reel Rookie

Re: iphone notifications not coming through

Mine got a little better but the alerts are still spotty and it will identify the wrong object (i.e will say person or vehicle when there isn’t one). It’s super frustrating that the cameras don’t record a live stream where you can go back and watch it, it only records events that aren’t reliable. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ljmd @OaklandAs33,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We would like to know more about how we can assist you regarding the issue you've experienced with the Roku Smart Home Camera. Could you please tell us more information about the issue? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue? In addition, what mobile device are you using to connect your Roku camera?

With more detailed information, we'll be able to assist further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fredericka87
Channel Surfer

I have figured out that for the doorbell, if you do not have "motion detection" turned on, it records NO events but if you turn it on (even with Smart Detection enabled) it records EVERY event. There are screenshots of the app on the FAQ/Help site but they do not match the options present in the app for the doorbell (have uninistalled and reinstalled). I do not have an Outdoor Camera SE but supposedly, there is an option to turn off "All motion events" and select "Smart detection events" only. I can't understand why this option doesn't exist for the doorbell? 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Fredericka87,

Thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We're happy to help you with your inquiry about the features of the Roku video doorbell. Please be advised that the Roku outdoor camera SE and Roku video doorbells have different features depending on how they were designed. The same goes for the features on the Roku Smart Home app. You can check out this link here about Roku's outdoor camera SE features and here for the Roku Video doorbells.

Let us know if you need anything else, and we'll gladly assist you.

Best regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cindyr

How did you fix it?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.