Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audenzia31
Reel Rookie

Roku Indoor Camera just Stopped

Jump to solution

About 3:30 this morning was the last capture the camera did anything. At some point after that it just stopped working. I have tried do all the things the forums say to do and nothing is helping. I use these cameras to monitor my kids in their rooms. This camera in particular my 3&1 year old’s room. I’ve had the camera for over a year now and everything was already up to date. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Audenzia31
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Indoor Camera just Stopped

Jump to solution

@RokuJessica-G 

I left it unplugged for more that 2 hours and changed the usb cord and now it works. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
RokuJessica-G
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Audenzia31!

We appreciate you doing some troubleshooting steps to fix the issue with your camera. We're happy to help you! 

To further investigate the issue, kindly provide us with the following information:

• Can you confirm if you're experiencing issues with the live stream and notifications, or is it only related to the event recording?
  • Could you provide a detailed list of the troubleshooting steps you have already taken?

In the meantime, to restart the Roku Smart Home App, we suggest you uninstall and reinstall it. If the issue persists, we highly suggest you reset the camera. To reset up the camera, kindly follow the steps below:

1. Remove the camera from the app by navigating Homepage of the app> tap the Camera's name > go to Settings > click Delete device
  2. Reset up the camera. If you need instructions, you can refer to this article: How to set up your Roku Indoor Camera SE.

We look forward to your responses and gathering your details. Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

Jessica G.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Audenzia31
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuJessica-G 

I unplugged it for more 10 seconds plugged it back in then pressed and held the setup button 15-20 seconds as suggested then tried unplugging it for more than 15 seconds plugged it back in pressed the setup button and still nothing. 
it is the only camera that’s not working on my other cameras are fine. So uninstalling and reinstalling the smart home app wouldn’t work.  Also when it gets plugged back in it doesn’t make any mechanical sounds to let it be know it’s been connected to a power source. 

0 Kudos
Audenzia31
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuJessica-G 

I left it unplugged for more that 2 hours and changed the usb cord and now it works. 

Jump to solution

Same thing is happening to me on one of my cameras

0 Kudos
Trevorn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi

I have 4 cameras, subscription paid, recently I opened the app and didn't see any cameras ( maruculoudky deleted). I've tried everything to re add the cameras but it just won't read the barcode......I use those to monitor my shop......Help____^

0 Kudos
Trevorn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Miraculously......

0 Kudos
FC75
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Any usb cord or a specific size? My problem with the indoor is no notifications and I did all the troubleshooting. I only get sound notification.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.