Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BillyKokomo
Channel Surfer

Roku 2 pack - only 1 works

I am 3 feet from my wireless router and performing setup exactly as I did setting up the first camera.  The first camera snapped onto the QR setup code immediately from about 8" from my iPhone.  I've tried insuring I am on a 2.4ghz network.  I've tried my iPad with the Smart Home app - still will not connect.  It has been more than 30 days since my purchase at Walmart, how do I get a replacement camera?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku 2 pack - only 1 works

Hi @BillyKokomo 

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community regarding setting up your Roku Smart Home camera.

I can understand how not being able to setup a new device can be quite frustrating. Have you already tried factory resetting the camera to see if that helps what you are experiencing?

For more information about how to perform a factory reset on a Roku Smart Home device, visit our Support page here: Factory reset your smart home device

If you are still unable to resolve the issue with setting up your Roku Smart Home camera after trying to perform a factory reset, please let us know and I'll make sure you get in touch with a member of our Support team to assist you further. We look forward to hearing back from you!

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BillyKokomo
Channel Surfer

I completed the factory reset 2 times (plugging the camera in and immediately pressing the "setup" button for 10 seconds, then waiting for the flashing red light) and verified that I was on my 2.4 GHz network ( I was viewing the network map on the admin screen of my wireless router and matched the IP address and MAC/ Private WiFi address on the WiFi settings page of my iPhone). 

I waited for ~ 90 seconds after hearing the ready to connect and advancing to the QR code screen.  No connection, just the audible "ready to connect" for 90 seconds as I held the camera ~ 10" from my iPhone displaying the QR code.  So, bottom line, I cannot connect my 2nd camera from the 2 pack.  As I mentioned, the 1st camera connected in less than 2 seconds on the same network.

Now what?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hello @BillyKokomo 

Thanks for the follow up regarding getting your second Roku Smart Home Camera setup.

I have passed along your concerns and information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Should have another inquiry in the future, please don't hesitate to post again in the Roku Community.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos