Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: indoor camera that has solid red light, and I can't get it to reset

Jump to solution

I have the same problem and I can’t seem to get it to work I just opened it and same thing I can’t get it to reconnect 

0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Yalatorre2254,

We saw your post that you are having a hard time connecting your Indoor Roku Camera to the Roku Smart Home app. We are more than willing to help you sort this out.

When you are experiencing issues with connecting your Roku Smart Home devices to the internet and the Roku Smart Home app, it could be due to problems with the internet connection. It's important to ensure that your phone is connected to a 2.4 GHz wireless network frequency, which should be the same as the frequency your Roku Camera is using. If your network does not support the 2.4 GHz frequency, you may need to reach out to your Internet Service Provider (ISP) for assistance.

If your wireless network operates on a 2.4 GHz frequency, I recommend attempting to resolve connectivity issues by restarting your modem and then proceeding with the following troubleshooting steps.

Restart your smart camera:

1. Unplug the USB cable from the back of your camera
  2. Wait 10 seconds
  3. Plug the USB cable back into the power input port on your camera

After restarting the Indoor Roku camera and the issue persists, please proceed to the next steps.

Factory reset your smart home camera:

IMPORTANT: If a micro SD card is installed in your camera, remove it before performing a factory reset.

1. Plug in your camera if not already powered on
  2. Press and hold the Setup button for 10 seconds
  3. Wait at least 30 seconds for your camera to restart

After a successful reset, you will see the status light on your camera flashing red. To set up the Roku Camera again, kindly visit this support article: Roku Indoor Camera SE setup instructions. You can also visit these support articles for more details: How to fix Roku Smart Home device offline issues| How to factory reset your Roku Smart Home device

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Malik1021

Jump to solution

I’m having the same problem can u help me

0 Kudos
Colton04

Roku indoor camera shows solid red light and fails to connect upon pressing the setup button.

Jump to solution

0 Kudos

Re: Roku indoor camera is staying solid red and will not connect when i push the setup botton it sta

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This don’t help as the red light stays solid and I can’t connect to the app

0 Kudos

Re: Roku indoor camera is staying solid red and will not connect when i push the setup botton it sta

Jump to solution

Let me know if you fixed it and what you’ve done because everything I’ve tried I get nothing, just a solid red light. 

0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku indoor camera is staying solid red and will not connect when i push the setup botton it ...

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We are pleased you are here and appreciate you bringing to our attention the problem with the Indoor Roku camera, which is displaying a solid red light. We are more than willing to sort this out for you.

We highly recommend following the troubleshooting steps outlined above. After attempting the process, if you find that it does not work, please provide us with the following details:

• Does it only happen to one Roku Smart camera or multiple Roku Smart Home cameras from the same Roku account?
  • When did you start to experience the issue?
  • What is the Firmware version of your Roku Smart Home camera?
  • Log ID: (pull up your Roku Smart Home app home page > select Account > Roku Support > Submit a Log)

Providing this information will help us to further investigate your issue.

We look forward to your response.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JamieBB

Jump to solution

This did not help and I was informed by your team to return the camera

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.