Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CharlesWM
Reel Rookie

Purchased a Subscription, but Doorbell Not Recording Video

Jump to solution

I purchased a subscription two days ago (January 7th) so I can continue to record video on my new Roku Doorbell camera.  However, I am only receiving still photos and no video.  I tried troubleshooting, checking settings, reading other posts, etc.  I have not been able to figure it out.  Can someone help him fix this issue before I go down the road of cancelling my subscription.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CharlesWM
Reel Rookie

Re: Purchased a Subscription, but Doorbell Not Recording Video

Jump to solution

I was able to contact a representative from Roku who linked my subscription to my camera.  This is now resolved.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Is this on the app or are you using a memory card?  The events in the app don't show a video?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
CharlesWM
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I was able to contact a representative from Roku who linked my subscription to my camera.  This is now resolved.

0 Kudos
Jreach72
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same boat as you except the support representative I got apparently didn't know much about the product because after about 28 minutes of them having me uninstall and reinstall the app, relogin to the website and then the rep trying to tell me to sign up for a subscription which I already have the solution was for me to remove the installed camera and default it. 

The issue is clearly with their backend server not linking my camera to their network but they couldn't seem to get out of their own way to dig into it on the backend first.

If I remove the doorbell it is going back to the store where I bought it.  This is ridiculous and horrible customer service.  I had a great customer service rep early on who truly understood the product and helped me figure out something dumb I did on the software side (unrelated issued).  So I am on the fence on whether or not going with ROKU v. RING was a wise choice.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Was having the same problem. First installed the wired doorbell and all worked great. Then I began adding cameras, an indoor camera and two floodlights. As I added these cameras the doorbell videos were becoming harder to obtain. I would get notifications but only be able to see a picture and not access the video. And yes, I have a subscription. After reading countless articles and watching several YouTube videos on the subject I figured that maybe I just had too many devices and needed to upgrade my wifi. I have Verizon Fios with the wifi modem they provide. I also had a signal repeater on a window, originally so I could get the signal to my yard and detached garage which has a Roku TV inside. At the time, it was working ok, but the more I learned about how the signal works and how repeaters work, I decided I needed a change. I ordered a WiFi Mesh System (TP Link Deco). Cost me around 200US dollars and came with 3 nodes (signal providers). After installing, connecting all the cameras, and rebooting the entire system, everything seems to be working very well. I now have a wired doorbell, 2 floodlights, 2 wired outdoor cameras, and 1 indoor camera on the system. I also have 5 tvs with Roku players attached. Occasionally one of the cameras will not be accessible on the TV app but all seem to work fine with the app on my phone. I have one of the mesh network nodes next to my modem, which is considered the main, then one by a window closest to my garage, and the last one is in my basement. The biggest pain was resetting all the cameras to the new mesh system, but it went fairly quickly and uneventful. I'd recommend checking your upload and download speed at the location of the camera/doorbell. Also keep in mind that building materials matter. I have thick aluminum siding on house and that seems to create problems. Newer construction with vinyl siding seems to allow the signal to pass through easier. Hope this helps anyone who is as frustrated as I was. Good luck.

0 Kudos