Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JKessinger24
Reel Rookie

Pet Detection not working

I have 3 Roku SE Wired cameras set up to watch my Amazon's while I'm out of the house. (One keeps getting over to the others) 

I have movements set to 100%

Motion tracking on.

Smart tracking on.

Pet detection set to on.

It will detect me if I move slightly, but not when my naughty Amazon crawls down his cage and walks around, etc. It even detected 2 orb anomalies (pretty sure it was a bug flying around) that the camera marked as people. But my birds don't trigger the camera.

I have the trial subscription and planning on getting the premium 9.99/mo subscription when it expires, but if the camera won't detect what I need it to, why bother?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Pet Detection not working

Hi @JKessinger24,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, and thanks for additional information!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with this problem you had with your Roku indoor camera, which will not detect pet motion. Please try to update the firmware of your Roku camera by following the steps below.

1. Select a device from the Home screen in the smart home app.
  2. Tap Settings in the top corner.
  3. Tap Device info.
  4. Tap the Firmware version to see the current software and build version and check for an update.
  5. If a software update is available, tap Update.

If the problem still continues, try to uninstall the Roku smart home app and re-install it again.

We hope this helps, and please keep us posted on what you find out.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JKessinger24
Reel Rookie

Re: Pet Detection not working

@RokuJohnB

Did all of that, the only thing that changed is now the cameras say that I'm a "pet" instead of a person. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.