Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aaron7

Outdoor wired camera not connecting to network

I have been trying and searching for 2 days to get this camera connected and functional. Ive even called my service provider and had them steer any device trying to pair to the 2.4 wifi. It still just says unable to connect? 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Outdoor wired camera not connecting to network

Hi @Aaron7,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

I get that you are having trouble with your Roku Camera for not connecting to the internet. No worries, I will be more than willing to assist you with this.

To look closely into this issue, I would like to know the following details below:

• Is this the first time setup?
  • How far is your Roku camera from your router?
  • Aside from "unable to connect" error message, is there any other error code that you received from the Roku Smart Home app?

In the meantime, I suggest you try the following troubleshooting steps:

Restart your smart camera:

1. Unplug the USB cable from the back of your camera
  2. Wait 10 seconds
  3. Plug the USB cable back into the power input port on your camera

Check the Roku Smart Home app for updates:

Make sure the app is running the latest version by visiting your app store.

• iOS: Open the App Store® on your iOS device and search for "Roku Smart Home mobile app", or visit the online App Store and download the latest version.
  • Android: Open the Google Play™ store on your Android device and search for "Roku Smart Home mobile app", or visit the online Google Play store and download the latest version.

Set up your device again:

You do not need to remove your smart home device from the mobile app to set it up again. Simply follow the steps below and see if that resolves your issue.

1. Open the Home screen
  2. Tap the plus sign from the navigation bar
  3. Select Add device
  4. Select your device category and then select a device
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions.

You can also visit our support article for more details on How to fix Roku Smart Home device offline issues | How to set up your Roku Outdoor Wired Camera SE

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.