Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JPL19
Reel Rookie

Outdoor Camera unable to detect motion

I am tired of ROKU and the lack of concern for the multitude of problems with the outdoor cameras.  My security system is 50% ineffective, because cameras CONSTANTLY stop picking up motion or sending notifications.  

You need to put a remote "restart" option in the base.  If I unplug the outdoor camera base for at least 60 seconds and plug it back in the cameras work fine, but after 1 day up to 4 days they just stop picking up motion or sending notifications again.  At any point before or after that I can access the cameras from home or away, but there is no recording or notification

I have good connections and again, can access the cameras without issue from home or remote locations (work, travel, etc).  As soon as I unplug the base again, cameras work as expected for a day or two or three.  If I am not at home / traveling I will have no coverage until I get back home undo the unplug / wait routine.  - unacceptable.

I am not going to constantly reinstall software, or apps or remove the cameras and reinstall, since that and the other suggestions here don't solve the problem.  

Someone from ROKU needs to step up, stop the endless pat reponses and do something.  I paid good money and expect good service.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Outdoor Camera unable to detect motion

Thank you for sharing your concern, @JPL19!

Firstly, we sincerely apologize for any trouble and inconvenience this may have caused you. No worries! We'd be more than happy to find you the best resolution for this.

In this case, kindly keep an eye out on your inbox as we will send you as Private Message to gather further personal information. 

We'll be looking forward to meeting you through PM!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.