Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lje22032
Channel Surfer

Not capturing all vehicles

Jump to solution

My outdoor camera does not appear to be capturing all vehicles.  I have it setup to detect any movement or sound, but I only see about 1/2 the videos I would expect in Events.  If I display the live video feed, often I will "hear" a vehicle drive by but the live video feed often does not show a vehicle.  I know a vehicle is going by as I can look out the window and see one.  I've checked the detection zone and it seems correct.  It just seems to be working half the time.  I've tried resetting the camera and the base station with no luck.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Not capturing all vehicles

Jump to solution

Hi @lje22032,

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having an issue with the Smart Home events notification. We'd like to offer this support for you to find out and see if that helps: 
How to use smart detection for your Roku Smart Home Camera 

Or let us know if this has been exhausted so that we can further assist you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Not capturing all vehicles

Jump to solution

Hi @lje22032,

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having an issue with the Smart Home events notification. We'd like to offer this support for you to find out and see if that helps: 
How to use smart detection for your Roku Smart Home Camera 

Or let us know if this has been exhausted so that we can further assist you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.