Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pigeonman1

No sound on indoor camera SD card recording

When downloaded to a laptop from the SD card, video is fine, just no sound at all? Why?

9 REPLIES 9
Pigeonman1

Re: No sound on indoor camera SD card recording

All settings are set to sound on in the camera also, so it is not that.

0 Kudos
rpete87

Wondering if anyone will answer this question because I am having the same issue!

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Pigeonman1 @rpete87,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with your video recordings since they don't have sound. Help is here. Please follow these steps:

1. Confirm the Roku Smart Home app and camera firmware are up-to-date.
  2. Make sure the sound is turned on.
    • In the live stream, the sound icon should be green for "on." If it is gray, that means it is off.
  3. Power cycle the camera.
  4. Factory reset the camera and set it up as a new device.

If the problem still persists, please keep us posted!

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rokcamyea

Same issue here! Restarting does not fix! SOUND DOES RECORD ON EVENTS. When I playback on SD card from computer there is no audio, though! How can this be?????????

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @rokcamyea,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to assist you with you further with your Roku indoor camera issue. Please check out this support article here on how to fix a picture or sound issue with your Roku Smart Home camera or Video Doorbell.

Please keep us posted if the problem still continues.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rokcamyea

did not fix, investigating further i see on wyze forum there is the same issue with the latest firmware update and since roku cam is essentially the same, it seems to be a firmware update that caused this glitch

0 Kudos
ShortwaveKitty
Reel Rookie

I am having this same problem with ALL of my cameras.  I can hear sound with live feed and events, but not from the sd card recordings.

My laptop will not play the sound from the sd cards, my old TV said it it was a codec issue.  I now have a new Westinghouse Roku TV and a new LG blue ray player.  The blue ray player says it is a format incompatibility.  The TV just doesn't play the sound at all from the hard drive I keep the files on and gives no reason why. 

I plugged the sd card directly into the Roku TV and it took a couple of tries before the Roku Media Player recognized the files on the card and I had pulled the card straight out of the camera and plugged it directly into the TV using a card reader.  It gave me a list of supported file types.  When it finally recognized the files, they play, but there is still no sound.

I checked the file properties on my laptop, but it just says MP4, and pretty much all players play MP4s without issue and I am still left with the limited information my equipment gives me.

So, I am left to think that there is either a codec or file type mismatch somewhere and I cannot fix it. All my equipment is completely updated with the latest updates.

I really could use some help here, because I am having issues with my neighbors.  I really need the sound on my recordings.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @rokcamyea @ShortwaveKitty,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

We will be more than delighted to assist you even more with this issue that you're having with the recordings since they have no sound. Please try the troubleshooting steps below.

If you hear no sound on your video live stream or recording, make sure you enable sound for your video live stream or recording.

• Video live stream
    1. Open the home screen.
    2. Select your camera or doorbell.
    3. Tap Sound.

• Recordings
    1. Open the home screen.
    2. Select your camera or doorbell.
    3. Tap Settings.
    4. Tap Advanced Settings.
    5. Toggle on Record Sound.

You may also check out this support article here on how to fix a picture or sound issue with your Roku Smart Home camera or Video Doorbell.

Let us know how it works.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                      John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ShortwaveKitty
Reel Rookie

Sound recording is already toggled on.  The sound is recording to the SD.  There is a sound file detected by other equipment.  It is just listed as either an unsupported codec or unsupported sound file.

🙄

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.