Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pamelina
Channel Surfer

Interference Noise in Cameras

Jump to solution

When I’m watching live stream on my camera or playback a recording, they all have the same noise playing through them. It kind of sounds like some sort of interference. It’s loud.  No matter which one I switch to to view they all have the same noise so I know it’s not in my background.  Does anyone else have this happen?  Is there a fix for it? I

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Interference Noise in Cameras

Jump to solution

@Pamelina 

Thanks for your patience while we reviewed the video that you provided us.

After reviewing the video, we can confirm that there isn't anything wrong with your Roku Smart Home Camera as it is just the static noise coming from the sensitive microphone that is picking up the ambient sound.

We hope this provides some clarification.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Pamelina 

Thanks for the post.

Can you provide us with a video example of what you are experiencing so we can better understand the issue you are seeing?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Pamelina
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Sent through email

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Pamelina 

Thanks for the follow up.

Please be aware that email responses to email notifications do not get sent to the Community. As previously requested, can you provide us with a video example of what you are experiencing so we can better understand the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Pamelina
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I’m not seeing any way to attach a video. Just pictures.  How do I do that?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Pamelina 

Thanks for your patience while we reviewed the video that you provided us.

After reviewing the video, we can confirm that there isn't anything wrong with your Roku Smart Home Camera as it is just the static noise coming from the sensitive microphone that is picking up the ambient sound.

We hope this provides some clarification.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RS11

Jump to solution

I have the same issue with my cameras, you can’t hear anything, but a loud, distortion static sound. It’s very annoying and defeats the purpose of having audio monitoring. The playback also cuts in and out and constantly freezes up. I’ve only had them for a month and I’m looking for a different system already, this one is pretty **bleep** I definitely would not recommend it to anybody. 

Pamelina
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It’s not just ambient sound.  Sometimes is worse than others almost like you can hear people talking. No it’s not voices in my head. 

Pamelina
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Sometimes I only get screenshots instead of video.  I also have to unplug each one and plug it back in at least once a week because they either turn off when I want them on or turn back on when I want them off and sometimes they show they have an internet connection but says they are offline 🤷🏻‍♀️

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Pamelina @RS11 

Thanks for the posts regarding experiencing distorting sound on your Roku Smart Home device.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue. Can you please provide us with a sample video in which you are experiencing this behavior that you are reporting?

Once we have these examples, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

We look forward to hearing back so we can assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos