Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HollyVegas
Reel Rookie

Indoor Cameras not working after power interruption

I had a power interruption - all of my cameras now show Offline in App. I have tried to reset them all and it is not working. I am not getting the Flashing RED light - I try to connect anyhow to a 2.4 Wifi and it just keeps saying cannot find specific network - same network they were on before power went out. I have unplugged all cameras, plugged them back in, and tried several times. NO issue with my WiFi all other devices work fine. I deleted all cameras from my app, that didn't help either. Why won't my cameras go from Solid Red to Flashing Red when powered on so I can get these back online? - HLV

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Indoor Cameras not working after power interruption

Hi @HollyVegas,

From the Roku Community, a warm welcome and thanks for letting us know!

We will be more than delighted to assist you further with this issue that you had with the Roku indoor camera since, after the power interruption, the cameras will not work. Some Roku Smart Home devices have a setting called power loss recovery that allows you to configure the power state after an outage. This means you can either choose to have your device turn on automatically when recovering from a power outage, or return to the state it was in before power went out. Use the steps below to adjust the power loss recovery setting.

1. Open the smart home app.
  2. Tap Home from the navigation bar.
  3. Choose your device.
  4. Tap Settings.
  5. Select Power loss recovery.
  6. Choose the recovery power state.
  • Note: If you do not see the Power loss recovery selection, the feature is not supported on your device.

If your device is configured to maintain the last power state and it was off before a recent power outage, then it will still be off when power is restored. You must turn the device on manually, and you may want to change the power loss recovery setting to turn on your device after the next power outage. If you are not able to turn on your device manually, try restarting it by unplugging the power adaptor or turning the breaker off and back on.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if you still have any questions.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HollyVegas
Reel Rookie

John- 

Thank you for your feedback, however, this didn't really address my issues. When the power went off the Modem / Wifi went off. When the power was back the Modem/Wifi was back, I had to reset ll of my Alexa devices and the Cameras had POWER but no Wii connectivity - they were offline. They will not reconnect to the network. I have tried multiple times, I can't get the correct sequence of lights even and when I try to connect it says SPECIFIED NETWORK NOT FOUND. I have unplugged the camera and tried multiple times - Finally I deleted ALL of the devices off of my APP and tried to go that route to add a new device and it still will not work.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @HollyVegas!

Please be aware that we have sent you a private message here in the Roku Community. Kindly check your inbox.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bberumen

I have the same problem, and I can’t make them work, they’re not recognizing my network 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for flagging this issue, @bberumen!

We want to look into this matter more thoroughly and collect more information. Could you tell us what troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? Did we recently make any changes to your
network or network provider?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.