Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nonnies555

Indoor Camera wont reset so I can reinstall.

It wouldn't pair with my device or scan the QR, but the light is solid red. It is not on any list in the Roku app, so I Cannot choose it. Holding the setup button for 10 seconds won't reset it. 

3 REPLIES 3
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Indoor Camera wont reset so I can reinstall.

Hi @Nonnies555,

Thanks for the first post in the Roku Community!

I understand that you are having trouble resetting your Indoor Roku camera. I would be more than willing to sort this out for you.

Before we continue, please let me know the error codes or messages you are encountering when trying to pair or scan the QR code.

When your Indoor Roku Camera has a solid red light during setup or reset-up, it means it is powered on and starting the setup process. Once you begin adding the camera to your Roku Smart Home app and scan the QR code, it should start flashing red and blue. This indicates that the camera is connecting to Wi-Fi. If it doesn't flash red and blue, it means that it is unable to establish a connection to your network.

Please ensure that you have a 2.4GHz wireless network frequency because most Roku Smart Home devices cannot connect to a 5GHz Wi-Fi network. If you have a dual-band router, make sure to connect your phone or tablet to your 2.4GHz wireless network from the settings for this device before launching the smart home app. For more help, learn how to identify and connect to your 2.4GHz network.

If you already have a 2.4GHz wireless network frequency and still cannot connect pair your camera to the Roku smart Home app, please try to do the following:

Restart your smart camera:

1. Unplug the USB cable from the back of your camera
  2. Wait 10 seconds
  3. Plug the USB cable back into the power input port on your camera
  4. Try to plug your camera into another power outlet.

For reference, you can also visit our support article: How to set up your Roku Indoor Camera SE | Why is my Roku Smart Home device not connecting to the app during setup?

Please let me know if these troubleshooting steps help you to resolve your concern.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cass99
Reel Rookie

This does not help! The solid red light should be flashing? I’ve tried to re-set my camera. And it doesn’t say “ready to connect.” Or seem like it’s able to be “re-set”. For me personally nothing happens when I get to the QR page. 

0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Nonnies555,

Thanks for the response.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting we have provided and for trying to fix the issue.

We highly suggest you uninstall and reinstall the Roku Smart Home app. If that does not resolve the issue, try manually removing the camera from the Roku Smart Home app. Kindly follow the details below.

Remove Roku Smart Home device:

1. On the Home screen, select your smart home device
  2. Tap Settings
  3. Scroll down and tap Delete device
  4. Tap Delete or Yes to confirm your selection
  5. After you remove the camera, try to reset-up again.

For reference, you can visit our support article: How to unlink a Roku Smart Home device from your Roku account | How to set up your Roku Indoor Camera SE

If the troubleshooting steps did not resolve the issue, please provide us with the following details so that we can share this issue with our appropriate team for further investigation.

• MAC Address:
  • Firmware version:
  • Error code/message:
  • Log ID: (pull up Roku Smart Home app home page > select account > Roku Support > Submit a Log)

We look forward to your response.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.