Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
My71mach1

Guest account/secondary account for home camera access

Jump to solution

Hello I'm trying to find a way to share access with another person but without giving them access to change settings and everything is this possible with the smart home app with indoor and one outdoor camera?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Guest account/secondary account for home camera access

Jump to solution

@My71mach1

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that you will be unable to share access to Roku Smart Home devices unless your mobile devices they are linked to the same Roku account.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@My71mach1

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that you will be unable to share access to Roku Smart Home devices unless your mobile devices they are linked to the same Roku account.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This is a great idea and it seems like it shouldn't be that hard to set up. We use this in multiple locations with multiple people having authority over the properties. I love this entire setup with the phone app and TV viewing capability. For me, it's all exactly what I needed at the right time. I actually keep buying more cameras. But if my wife wants to see the cameras, she has to log in to my account. Same for anyone else I may want to give access to. So a trusted overseer of the property can't get restricted access that I could set up (without logging in as me), but my kids can turn on the TV and see all my cameras on the Roku Home Channel.

If I had accounts that I could manage along with the cameras, I'd give a 5-star review.

DylanSmartHome
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I agree that having multiple user access with sub accounts with limited access should be available and it's a huge limitation it isn't. 

Guest/sub accounts for tennents, house sitters, house guests, family members/friends/neighbors from other households should be high on the list of features to be added!!