Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Snield
Reel Rookie

Floodlight camera stopped recording video, only takes a photo

Jump to solution

We have two floodlight cameras, one has stopped recording video of events, only takes a photo when motion is detected. The other camera is recording fine.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Snield
Reel Rookie

Re: Floodlight camera stopped recording video, only takes a photo

Jump to solution

We figured it out! We only had one camera listed on our subscription, we needed to add the second camera to our subscription in order for it to continue to record events.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
mlm44
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I have noticed this too with all of my Roku cameras. Try to load the event video a few times. Sometimes it will eventually play the entire video and not just a single image. Seems like a software bug.

Snield
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We figured it out! We only had one camera listed on our subscription, we needed to add the second camera to our subscription in order for it to continue to record events.

ms420

No Subscription, No Video

Jump to solution

If you do not have a subscription,  you're camera no longer records video and sound. Detected moments will be captured by still photograph. You will receive these in notifications. If you have an SD card, the detections will be recorded as set, either continuously or by event. 

Although you can manually record,  it is **bleep** difficult to match a notification to the SD card timeliness, to be able to determine what sound photographed in notification matches up with the sd video 

I'm beyond irked. I've got 5 of these **bleep** things now.  This security camera racket is just that.  

Courtrb333
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
How do I fix it ??
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: camera stopped recording video

Jump to solution

@Courtrb333, fix what?  Do you have a subscription?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Draexxis

Re: No Subscription, No Video

Jump to solution

This is next level robbery. I paid for a camera to keep periodic watch on my property and on setup it worked just fine and by no means is there any legitimate reason why I need to pay a subscription to keep it working the way it was. I plan on returning my product.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Draexxis 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that recordings can be saved to the cloud when you purchase a Roku Smart Home Subscription.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
genesisbound
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

So, could you confirm then, if we have the SD card installed, that would also enable the recordings?

But! We couldn't view them on our devices bc that's local storage not cloud storage correct?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @genesisbound 

Thanks for the inquiry regarding recording on the Roku Smart Home Camera with the use of a micro SD card.

The micro SD card provides physical storage for your Roku Smart Home Camera letting you back up your event recordings, and capture your continuous, scheduled, and time-lapse recordings. You can view some of these recordings from the Roku Smart Home mobile app, but with others you need to remove the micro SD card and connect it to your computer or laptop.

For more information about using a micro SD card with the Roku Smart Home Camera, visit our Support page here: Install a micro SD card in your camera

We hope this provides clarification for you. If you have any other inquires, please don't hesitate to let us know!

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos