Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DeWFPo

SmartHome Outdoor Wireless SE Camera CW1000R - need image reversed after flipping 180 degrees

Jump to solution

I had to mount the camera upside down.  I was able to rotate the image 180 degrees in the smarthome phone app. so it wasn't upside down, but now the image is reversed.  Left is right and right is left.  It's a mirror image of actual.  How can I fix this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: SmartHome Outdoor Wireless SE Camera CW1000R - need image reversed after flipping 180 degrees

Jump to solution

Greetings @DeWFPo 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for the inquiry about mounting a Roku Smart Home Camera upside down.

Please be aware that you can simply detach the Wireless Roku Smart Home Camera from the base and orient the camera in the proper direction using the magnetic base on top of the camera. Please see the following photo for reference.

For more detailed information about mounting tips with your Roku Smart Home Camera, visit our Support page here: Camera mounting tips

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: SmartHome Outdoor Wireless SE Camera CW1000R - need image reversed after flipping 180 degrees

Jump to solution

@DeWFPo 

Unforunately, the Outdoor Wireless SE Camera CW1000R has to be mounted right side up due to the PIR sensor (passive infrared sensor).  You will need to try and turn the mounting bracket (even though it is upside down) and reorient it so that the camera itself is right side up.

Technically, it will work upside down, but you will be unable to change the left/right view orientation with any setting.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings @DeWFPo 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for the inquiry about mounting a Roku Smart Home Camera upside down.

Please be aware that you can simply detach the Wireless Roku Smart Home Camera from the base and orient the camera in the proper direction using the magnetic base on top of the camera. Please see the following photo for reference.

For more detailed information about mounting tips with your Roku Smart Home Camera, visit our Support page here: Camera mounting tips

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator