Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Djburke89
Reel Rookie

Firmware won’t update outdoor wired cam

Jump to solution

I made it through set up. Cam works. It lets me view the live feed for a few seconds then a “Update framware” box pops up. Say I have to update. I click the update button and after a very very long wait it says it couldn’t update. I don’t understand. Someone please help me out here. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Djburke89
Reel Rookie

Re: Firmware won’t update outdoor wired cam

Jump to solution

ok. I contacted Roku support and talked With someone who had me factory reset the camera and uninstall it and restart the app. None of this worked so they transferred me to a technician. That didn’t work. End result they are sending me a new camera as they think this is the problem

View solution in original post

44 REPLIES 44
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Framware won’t update outdoor wired cam

Jump to solution

@Djburke89

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue for you but need more details.

Can you please provide the following:

• screenshot of the issue you are experiencing
  • Log ID when this issue occurs (from the Roku Smart Home app, select Account > Roku Support > Submit a log)

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kwallie
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same isssue. I got through every step of the set up process and then the wired outdoor camera will not do the firmware update. You wait for a period of time and it says it cannot update. I know everything on my end has been done right. I’m taking the camera back and will go with another company. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Kwallie

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the information that I requested in my above response?

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Djburke89
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It is not allowing me too insert any pictures here. Ive been trying and its not happening. Any other options? 

i Mean its pretty simple stuff here, A box pops up says " Firmware update required, Also says that there are important updates in the latest firmware. Please update it before using your device" the only option it gives me is to update, after clicking "Update now" it looks as if its updating. after 9-12 minutes the update stops and the screen shows a roku cam on its side and under that it says "Please try again, Looks like the update failed"

So thats what it does!

Rblack5261

Jump to solution

My new Roku camera will not stop updating. How can I be stop it to view the camera 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Djburke89 @Rblack5261

Thanks for the posts.

When trying to update the firmware on your Roku Smart Home outdoor cameras, please make sure the camera is close to the base station.

If you are still experiencing an issue, please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Djburke89
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Okay, Ive tried all that basic stuff. I had it on top of my router. Tried resetting it. Tried updating the app. Everything. Thats why im on here trying to get help. I wouldn't be wasting my time if it was something simple like putting it closer to the router or pluging it in. 

So, to answer your question, No your advice to put it closer to the router did not fix anything. Still got the same issue! 

Mommajacque
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have this exact same problem with my new indoor wireless camera. Please help, Roku team. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Mommajacque

Thanks for the post.

When trying to update the firmware on your Roku Smart Home cameras, please make sure the camera is close to your wireless router.

If you are still experiencing an issue, please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos