Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zzmmorgan

Extra Outdoor Camera SE availabilty?

Jump to solution

It appears the base station supports multiple cameras and the similar Wyze product comes in bundles with multiple cameras and they sell extra cameras. Is Roku going to do the same? I'm looking at getting 3 or 4 more of the cameras and would rather not have extra base stations I don't need as the camera seems to get great reception in every corner of the house.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Extra Outdoor Camera SE availabilty?

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts.

We currently do not offer separate Roku Smart Home Outdoor Cameras without the base station at this time.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@zzmmorgan

Thanks for the post.

I don't currently have any information to provide at this time, but be on the lookout as we are always aiming to improve the Roku Smart Home experience for our customers!

For the latest Roku news, keep an eye out on the Roku blog.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Scott24
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Any update on this? I just bought a couple roku cameras.  I have the wireless outdoor camera and base station as well.  Would like more wireless cameras, will it be available without having to purchase extra base stations? 

Loganrollo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The only thing better, would be for Wyze cameras to work with the Roku base. I'm with you, I don't want to have to buy an extra base station just to get a second camera. I am actually looking to replace all 4 of my Wyze cams with the Roku models.

emtp435

Outdoor Wireless SE Cameras

Jump to solution

I saw a post where someone asked if Roku would be selling the wireless outdoor SE cameras without base stations. I hope that does happen soon, however we are wanting to add extras sooner than later.

My question is will additional cameras connect to a single base station or does each one have to connect to the included base station? I would hate to have 3 or more base stations just to get the cameras to work. Otherwise will have to try and use wired SE cameras.

Loganrollo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Still nothing on this?

Scott24
Reel Rookie

Re: Outdoor Wireless SE Cameras

Jump to solution

I bought an extra outdoor camera, it did come with the base station but was able to get it to pair with the original base station I already had installed.  So the base stations do work with multiple cameras just for some reason Roku makes you buy base stations each time

0 Kudos
Loganrollo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-Rwe are now 3 months since this question was asked and there is no direct answer. Let's be honest please. Does Roku have any plans to offer a stand-alone wireless outdoor camera for pairing with the currently offered base station? If not, does Roku or Wyze have any plans to allow for connecting the stand-alone Wyze versions of the wireless outdoor camera with a firmware patch to allow for connection with the Roku base? A timeline or projected date would be great. If not, my Roku camera is being relegated to a dog house camera and I'll be sticking with Wyze going forward.

utah_bh
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I now have three SE cameras paired to a single base station and two leftover base stations in storage.  You can pair up to 4 per base station.  So you pay Roku an extra $25 per outdoor SE camera because they don't sell the camera separate.  A real update from Roku would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts.

We currently do not offer separate Roku Smart Home Outdoor Cameras without the base station at this time.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos