Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
notrobot
Reel Rookie

Doorbell to TV connection VERY slow and useless

Jump to solution

I can get a fast camera connection to my iPad (< 2 sec), but it takes about 2 1/2 minutes to load the camera view to the closest TV, which is probably 25 feet away as the crow flies through the walls, and this is after several failed connection notices.  The doorbell notifications are not working at all.  Yes, all software is up to date.  Yes, I tried reset.  The router is about the same 25 feet away and the TV is by the router.  

I bought the Roku doorbell specifically for the TV notifications and the ability to view the camera on the TV--which I thought were great features.  If I can't get the thing to do them, I'll return it.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
notrobot
Reel Rookie

Re: Doorbell to TV connection VERY slow and useless

Jump to solution

UPDATE:  I had a long session with a customer assistance lady yesterday, and working through the language barrier, I tried everything she asked me to do--update check, reboots, checking permissions, and on and on.  She was very nice but in the end nothing worked.  She was trying her best to get a product to work that is simply flawed, judging from the number of similar complaints.  I loved the idea of a system that would give me a notice and snapshot of who was at my door while I'm watching TV and also allow me to view the camera feed live on my TV.  Unfortunately, it was too good to be true.  I think Roku attached themselves to an inferior technology that can't deliver what they promise.  So, it all goes back in the box and WalMart, here it comes.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
notrobot
Reel Rookie

Re: Doorbell to TV connection VERY slow and useless

Jump to solution

UPDATE:  I had a long session with a customer assistance lady yesterday, and working through the language barrier, I tried everything she asked me to do--update check, reboots, checking permissions, and on and on.  She was very nice but in the end nothing worked.  She was trying her best to get a product to work that is simply flawed, judging from the number of similar complaints.  I loved the idea of a system that would give me a notice and snapshot of who was at my door while I'm watching TV and also allow me to view the camera feed live on my TV.  Unfortunately, it was too good to be true.  I think Roku attached themselves to an inferior technology that can't deliver what they promise.  So, it all goes back in the box and WalMart, here it comes.

0 Kudos