Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Myquestisu
Reel Rookie

Longer bracket for Roku video doorbell

I have a Roku video doorbell. But this thing is small, so only the top screw will hold it in place. The bottom hole is about an inch below where the doorbell goes. This is making the doorbell very unstable! Is there a larger bracket that I could get to screw into both holes then mount the Roku video doorbell to it? EX. Current holes are 6 inches apart, Roku video doorbell holes are only 4 inches apart. How can I fix this so that the doorbell will be more securely held to my wall?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Longer bracket for Roku video doorbell

Not trying to be flippant, but drill another hole?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Myquestisu
Reel Rookie

Totally understand.  Unfortunately,  there is nothing there to drill another hole into.  There's already a big hole left from the removal of the previous doorbell. But thanks for trying 🙂

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Myquestisu 

You may just have to make your own decorative backplate large enough to cover both existing holes, and then attach the Roku doorbell to this backplate. (basically, you are giving yourself a new surface to attach the doorbell to).  Can fashion them out of plastic or wood.

Here is a wallplate on Amazon for Wyze doorbells. (should fit Roku doorbells)  https://www.amazon.com/Wall-Plate-Compatible-Video-Doorbell/dp/B09H2YKMWT

Some decorative backplates are available online for other manufacturers and some universal ones as well.  Here is an example from one on Etsy just to give you an idea. 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1358593725/mars-outpost-universal-wall-plate-for?ga_order=most_relevant...

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos