Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mrrswdrff
Reel Rookie

Connecting a camera/base station to wifi

I'm trying to connect my camera/base station to a wireless wifi connection and having problems? Any help?

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Connecting a camera/base station to wifi

Have you connected via a wired connection?  You have to do that before you can switch it to wireless.  It also only supports 2.4GHz Wi-Fi channels 1 to 11.

How to set up your Roku Outdoor Camera SE | Official Roku Support

If neither of those is the issue, you might get more help in the "Cameras and doorbells" section of the "community":

https://community.roku.com/t5/Cameras-doorbells/bd-p/cameras-and-doorbells

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Mrrswdrff
Reel Rookie

Can it be any wired connection? Then moved to a different location where there's a wireless network? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Bullfrogg

• Great non-answer renojim. I can find several mentions that the camera base can be connected to WiFi after connecting via Ethernet. But, nothing about HOW TO ACTUALLY DO IT!
0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Bullfrogg,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to assist you further, but we will need to gather more information. Could you clarify more about the inquiry that you have?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bullfrogg

Thanks for the quick non-answer John. The question is- How do I switch the outdoor se camera base station from Ethernet connection to a WiFi connection? My equipment meets the retirements to do so. I just want to know the steps to take to accomplish this. Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Bullfrogg,

Thank you so much for clarifying your inquiry!

Please check out this support article here on how to set up your Roku Outdoor Camera SE.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bullfrogg

Thanks again John for the non-answer! You might as well just say "Read the directions". The correct answer is "Go to the Roku app, go to "base station", "device info", and then "change connection". I know I should have found it sooner, but you help people are not really much help.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.