Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shannons1
Channel Surfer

Changed wifi network and can't get indoor cameras to reset and connect

Jump to solution

I recently changed my wifi network and need to get my cameras on the new network.  I deleted my wireless doorbell camera and successfully re added it to my new wifi.  I went to do the same with my indoor cameras, I deleted them but now when I plug them in to add them back to the system the light on the camera goes to blue and they refuse to go to blinking red so I can add them to my system.  I tried to reset one of the cameras by holding the rest button for 20 seconds but it still stays blue.  Anybody else experienced this when changing wifi providers?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shannons1
Channel Surfer

Re: Changed wifi network and can't get indoor cameras to reset and connect

Jump to solution

Okay so I am slowly getting all the cameras to reset.  Turns out you have to keep holding the reset button on each camera for 20 seconds and it it does not reset, you need to try again in a few minutes and keep doing it until it resets.  I got 4 of my 5 cameras to reset and hook up to the new wifi tonite, I'll try the last one tomorrow morning but the answer is that they are not resetting on the first try and you have to keep on trying to reset the camera until it finally "takes" and the camera resets.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Shannons1
Channel Surfer

Re: Changed wifi network and can't get indoor cameras to reset and connect

Jump to solution

Okay so I am slowly getting all the cameras to reset.  Turns out you have to keep holding the reset button on each camera for 20 seconds and it it does not reset, you need to try again in a few minutes and keep doing it until it resets.  I got 4 of my 5 cameras to reset and hook up to the new wifi tonite, I'll try the last one tomorrow morning but the answer is that they are not resetting on the first try and you have to keep on trying to reset the camera until it finally "takes" and the camera resets.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.