Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bigcraig123
Reel Rookie

Camera notifications on tv

You all need to develop a notification pop-up system in RokuOS and open APi that allows systems like Home Assistant to integrate into it. So that home notifications can be displayed for various tasks around the house. Like "The Dryer is Finished" or "The Washer Is Finished" or "Garage Door Is Open/Closed" or "The Mailbox Is Open/Closed" and be displayed in a banner in the upper right corner of the screen...and I don't just mean for your own line of Wyze sensors...but anything that works with Home Assistant.

1 REPLY 1
glymph394
Channel Surfer

Re: Camera notifications on tv

+1 for this.

I've been researching options given this feature gap, and am about to switch from my Roku Ultra to an Nvidia Shield so I can receive Home Assistant notifications on my TV.  Even though it's old, there aren't a lot of non-Amazon, non-Google options for this.

You'd think Roku would appreciate the network effects of leveraging standards like Matter.  Walled gardens only work when you have a material market share.