Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera not saving events or recording

I need Help asap i have two cameras and only one is recording im getting over it i ahd the free trial and still ahd like 10 daus left i bought a subscription thinking it would fix it but no still no events need it fixed please

1 REPLY 1
waqaskh12
Reel Rookie

Re: Camera not saving events or recording

It sounds frustrating that your cameras aren't recording as expected. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Check Camera Settings

• Event Recording: Ensure that event recording is enabled for both cameras in the app or web interface.
  • Motion Detection: Verify that motion detection settings are configured correctly and that sensitivity levels are appropriate.

2. Verify Subscription Status

• Make sure your subscription is active and linked to the correct cameras. Sometimes, if cameras are not properly linked to the account, they may not function as expected.

3. Update Firmware

• Check if there are any firmware updates available for your cameras. Keeping firmware up to date can resolve various issues.

4. Restart Cameras

• Power cycle your cameras by unplugging them and plugging them back in after a minute. This can sometimes resolve temporary glitches.

5. Check Storage

• Ensure that there is sufficient storage available for recordings. If using cloud storage, confirm that you have not exceeded your storage limits.

6. Reinstall the App

• If you are using a mobile app, try uninstalling and reinstalling it. This can fix any app-related issues.

7. Contact Support

• If none of the above steps work, reach out to the customer support team for your camera brand. Provide them with detailed information about the issue, including any error messages you might be seeing.

8. Review Documentation

• Check the user manual or online support resources for specific troubleshooting tips related to your camera model.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.