Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Camerahater
Reel Rookie

Camera events disappear after 4 hours

I have wired exterior camera SE. For 2 months, all events were saved to Roku cloud so I could access them for 14 days. About 10 days ago, the recorded events started disappearing the same day they were recorded.  All morning events disappear by noon. All afternoon events disappear by 6:30 pm.

I contacted Roku Tech Support 6 times and wasted 6 or more hours. They did not understand the issue. The 5th tech person said she would elevate the case up to the next level. The 6th tech rep stated that there had been no escalation. I was told to watch my emails and I might get a response from upper level tech support. I am finished reaching out to Roku. If I don't get a response in 3 or 4 days, the camera is co.ing down with a baseball bat and trashed. Roku already has my $40 subscription fee.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Camera events disappear after 4 hours

Hi @Camerahater,

Thanks for reaching out here and we really do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

We have validated your account, and this was already escalated and handled by our support team. We would recommend continuing to work with them for further assistance.

Thank you for your understanding!

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
Camerahater
Reel Rookie

It has been 3 days since my issue was elevated to upper tech support.  I have received zero communications from Roku. If tech support has no response in 3 days, there is not going to be any response.

Erey, what can you add to this?

my issue continues as my recorded events continue to disappear as the day progresses.

0 Kudos
Camerahater
Reel Rookie

It has now been 8 days since my case was elevated ro upper tech support.

Zero response from Roku. If they haven't determined a  cause or solution in 8 days, they never will, based on the poor customer service I have received during 7 calls. Time to start looking for another brand of  camera.

0 Kudos
Camerahater
Reel Rookie

After 10 days, Roku has made no effort, as far as I can tell, to resolve my issue and they never will. The tech rep offered a new camera today. My camera is working perfectly and my Internet is delivering the recorded events to the Roku cloud. Then they disappear. I terminated the service ticket today and will be researching camera companies that have good customer service and tech support. The Roku camera is coming down and I will throw it in the trash. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.