Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
User33

360 Camera moving on its own not resolved

I’ve seen other people mention about the 360 indoor camera moving on its own. I click to see solution and it isn’t clear what it is. Seems like it was “fixed” however it has not since it’s still happening today 04/10/24 for the past few days 

0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: 360 Camera moving on its own not resolved

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @User33!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We'd be happy to look closely at your Roku Smart Home Indoor Camera 360 moving independently.

Could you please let us know if motion detection has been enabled? If so, please be aware that this is because your camera has detected movements or sounds in the vicinity of where it is placed, and therefore, it is moving in response to these detections. Kindly disable this through the Smart Home app and let us know if your camera is still moving after doing so.

For reference, we have a support article dedicated to this: How to adjust motion detection settings on your Roku Smart Home camera.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jolinar
Channel Surfer

I just recently got the 360 camera to be able to have a wider range for keeping an eye on my cat while I'm at work. And like the many others I have seen and heard it move on its own while it is off. Yes when the camera us ON motion tracking is on but should not "track" things while off. It is not detecting me moving around the room it just occasionally will turn all the way to its limit then back to the start position. 

Device: Indoor Camera 360

MAC: 7C67AB2704C6

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Jolinar.

It is highly appreciated that you have reached out to us for support about your Roku Indoor Camera 360 moving even when it is turned off, and we'd like to provide more information about this.

If you want to fully disable your Roku Indoor Camera 360, unplug it from the power source because it will still detect motion even if you turn it off on the Smart Home app.

We hope this clears everything out. If you have further clarification and are in need of any assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know as we'd be more than happy to continue doing so.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jolinar
Channel Surfer

Well no I do not want to have to plug it in constantly any time I want to use it that defeats the purpose. It is NOT tracking movement cause I can walk around the room just fine without it doing that while off. It just randomly on its own turns its full span then back randomly on occasion. And I saw the other post where a LOT of other people have been having the exact same issue.

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the added information, @Jolinar.

Our sincerest apologies for any trouble this may have caused you. In this case, we will coordinate this with the appropriate Roku team to investigate your Roku Smart Home camera. With this being said, kindly provide us with the following details below:

• Roku Smart Home device model and Mac Address. (Smart Home mobile app, > SettingsDevice info)
  • Log ID (from the Roku Smart Home app, select Account Roku Support > Submit a log)

We'll be looking forward to your response as we are more than eager to help you figure out the cause of this and find you the best resolution possible. 

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jolinar
Channel Surfer

Again

Device: Indoor Camera 360

MAC: 7C67AB2704C6

I do not have any logs

0 Kudos
ooOoo
Reel Rookie

Ours is doing it again too. This is getting really old, ROKU! The camera is NOT tracking motion. It IS randomly going to full motion, exactly what a reboot would look like. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for getting back to us, @Jolinar @ooOoo.

In this case, kindly try to generate a Log ID from the Roku Smart Home app (select Account Roku Support Submit a log) as this will serve as your report tracker. This will help us identify the issue precisely and fix the issue on your respective Roku Smart Home Indoor Camera 360.

We'll be looking forward to your updates!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dh55
Channel Surfer

Mine does the same thing. Randomly spins all the way around and then back to normal position.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.