Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Crossword

Re: Roku activation fee scam - Amazon Prime fee of $199.99 plus tax

Jump to solution

There is a “gap” a big ass one! It happened to me last night. They sent two separate codes to my TV screen to verify the discussion and transaction. Right to my Vizio big screen tv! They had very specific information on me that would have been in Roku’s database. This is no joke.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Crossword

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to investigate this issue further, but will need more information. Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? Can you provide a screenshot of what is being shown on screen?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ptecsaba
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

it is a phone number as well as a qr code that is shown after installing the new roku player. It is ridiculous that roku is sifted through on the brand new device. I called the number as showed on the screen I should. that person new about information from my amazon account like payment methods and so on. said that my amazon account was blocked which was not and that I should pay 199 for the next 5 years for amazon prime shield. That can be and hope it will be the downfall of roku if they are bought by scammers that was the last wondow of the install as if the whole thing is planted in roku... mind boggling!!! I add my voice to the previous ones!!! What a disservice to customers!!!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Ptecsaba

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Please be advised that Roku® does not require an activation fee, registration fee, or charge for support of any kind. 

If you believe that you have interacted with a fraudulent website or fallen victim to an activation or technical support scam, please tell us about your experience, and if desired, request follow up from a Roku customer service agent.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos