Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ms3

Re: Can I activate without a credit card

Jump to solution

just purchased a Roku  Streaming Stick and wanted to know if i can activate without a credit card.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Already given, but here you go again:  https://my.roku.com/signup/nocc

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thank you, registered first on computer and added the device by linking the device(just add the code present at the add credit card screen on the TV). 

0 Kudos
Iona-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Sure. I discussed it much further right here:  How To Keep Your Hard Earned Money Very Separate From Your Roku Account For The Foreseeable Future

Just use the search bar to find it.

0 Kudos
madmanreil

Jump to solution

Hello,  Thanks for your post. I am going to try it now. 

What page do I look for the button. Is it the credit card page?

Thanks

0 Kudos
eriknicholas
Reel Rookie

Re: Can I activate without a credit card (Skip Roku Pay)

Jump to solution

They hide the "Skip this Step" link on the mobile version of the website.

Four Different Ways to Skip Roku Pay (as of November 2020😞

• In your mobile device's browser, locate the "Desktop View" setting and see if it appears at the bottom of the page.

• Use a computer (laptop/desktop/netbook should not matter), see if it is at the bottom of the page.

• In the URL/Address Bar, navigate to "https://my.roku.com/payment/link/returning/e/o#"
    (that is where the link directly points to.)

• OR: In the URL/Address Bar, navigate to "https://my.roku.com/link/channels"
    (that is the step the site instantly redirects you to after the previous link.)

Jump to solution

You can. But I would not recommend it. Purchase a cheap prepaid card, and put that card on it. If you choose to not put a card on your roku,  you will experience update issues and lag times. 

Jack45

Creating an account without adding credit card or Paypal

Jump to solution

Is there anyway to activate account without providing payment information?

0 Kudos
Teijai

Jump to solution

ROKU has changed their options so you are forced to activate your device through a credit card registration. All of this information is misleading and needs to be redacted. You can set up your Roku account, but the first time you try to activate a device it will not give you an option to enter the standard 4-digit link. You are now forced to click a link that leads straight to the credit card sign-up even if you have entered an existing NOCC account email.

0 Kudos
Iona-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

There is another option to consider.  Try using a prepaid reloadable debit card for registration/using your Roku account with it's balance always at "0." 

I use this method successfully (see my previous post) since I don't want Roku to withdrawal any money  from me.  I pay for my paid apps via directly from their own website's payment page.  I don't see the need for any third party handling my money any more than necessary.

Roku does not need to know my actual credit card numbers anyway.  People seem to obey anything requested online without any conscious thought.  Roku does not really need to know EVERYTHING about you do they?

0 Kudos