Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KMcCoy33
Channel Surfer

Re: incorrect Contec address to return my remote

Jump to solution

Same issue for me. It looks like USPS wants to use South Padre Hwy as the street. Even though that seems like the best bet, I don't want to do that and have it end up not arriving.

RokuRey-V
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @KMcCoy33 ,

Thanks for sharing this here in the Community. Please be advised that our appropriate team is currently investigating this concern.

Your patience and understanding are highly appreciated this time while we work on the resolution.

Regards,

Reyn

Rey V.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KMcCoy33
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Rey,

The original post was from 4 weeks ago. Someone at Roku should be able to call to that center, get information on the address, and update the RMA notices as needed, in that amount of time.

In response to the person saying the beef should be with the post office, pretty sure USPS is a legit source for proper mailing address verification vs a FedEx or UPS that allow you to write anything on the label, even a PO Box which they don't deliver to. And if it were a post office issue, the customer should be able to expect Roku to help figure it out timely.

0 Kudos
kdhmed
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Do we have a solution yet? I just tried to print a shipping label and got the same error with the E 14th St address. This is silly. 

RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @kdhmed,

We're thrilled to have you with us in the Roku Community!

Thank you for reaching out to us. We're pleased to assist.

We wanted to let you know that we are continuing to investigate your reported issue and hope to provide you with a more detailed update when additional information is available. Thanks for your continued patience. Do not hesitate to let us know if you have any additional feedback.

Best regards,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LastTry
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku customer service is horrible. I will be sure to post a bad review for Roku on every social media site on the web.

This is unbelievable that a correct return address cannot be provided. 

KMcCoy33
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Arjimar,

Investigating? These replies to customer concerns are becoming unbelievable to the point we don't even believe someone is looking into it. You need more detail than just saying investigating. What are you even investigating?

The first post in this thread I believe was about this was a month ago. If anyone at Roku personally spent more than 4 hours investigating and has not resolved or at least started implementing a change, they should be let go.

My 20 minutes of investigating tells me that a road was renamed. I don't care when cause that doesn't matter. You start working on a fix immediately. Someone can figure out later where the failure points were. When I put in different addresses, old and new, they map to the same location in mapping tools. If I had contacts at the center, which I assume Roku does, I could confirm via phone and begin fixing. Maybe I need a second call to the post office, but nothing that takes weeks.

As I have to stop at this point of my investigation, my conclusion would be this was first a failure on that center's leadership to not notify Roku once they became aware this address change would happen. Ignoring that failure or even saying it wasn't one, there is now a failure on Roku leadership to not find out and fix.

Customers continue to be given an address the post office no longer recognizes. If you know it's happening, you should be sending prepaid return labels to those customers until it is corrected. If you were doing that, I bet it would speed up this investigation process.

In addition to this failure, it is clear from reading the forums that return processing time and responses sent in on those concerns is also a failure, with people not getting returns processed for weeks after the return is received.

Taking those two things I know based on customer information provided in this forum, I start working on one big problem - that shipment/receiving center. We know there's a bad address being given and slow processing time. You find out why. That will probably tell you the who and then you'll know the what that needs to happen.

"Investigating" a month into this is not an acceptable answer for customers. This is not something that requires extended research.

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for sharing your input, @KMcCoy33.

We completely understand your sentiments regarding this matter and sincerely apologize for any troubles and inconvenience this may have caused.

Please be aware that the only drawback is just on their website address verification but rest assured that USPS will still accept this address and are being delivered as intended. 

No worries! Our team is currently looking into this matter. In the meantime, your patience and understanding are highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KMcCoy33
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Carly, I have no doubt they'll accept a package with the address and it will most likely get there just as it would before, but I don't think that gives comfort to people. The post office will accept things with wrong addresses also that get returned to you weeks or months later.

What is being missed and a problem for people commenting on this thread is that the post office website will not let a user generate a label with the old address. It is not recognized as a valid. It should not take a company a month, if we assume that's the earliest indication this might be a problem, to get this fixed or at least have a forum response that says "Here's what has happened, and you can use this address..."

So yes, someone can go to the post office with the old address written on the package, put stamps on it or pay whatever the shipping cost is based on the zip code and maybe the post office puts both addresses on the package.

For me, that's what happened. My package had the old address manually written on the box and a second printed out label with a tracking number and new address was placed on it as well. I made sure they kept both addresses visible.

So while I assume I've resolved my address issue by doing what you've stated with an additional step at the post office, I'm now on issue number 2 - my shipment was delivered there on 12/26. Granted, some holidays in there, but that was 2 weeks ago. My items being returned were sealed in the original package and sent back in the original shipping box from Roku. My refund has not been processed. The RMA number was on multiple sides of the box because I didn't want any added labels covering it either.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for the added information, @KMcCoy33.

As we have coordinated this with the team, we have been notified of limited information at the moment. No worries! Once more information and updates have been announced, we will make sure to let the Community know.

Moreover, we have sent you a PM regarding your second concern as we will be asking for personal information from you. Kindly check your inbox. 

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Manage your subscriptions by logging into your Roku Account.