Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gina21
Reel Rookie

Won’t let me cancel a subscription

Jump to solution

I have tried to cancel a subscription that is subscribed to through Roku. On my Roku account it says I have no active subscription, but Roku charges me for it every month. This feels like fraud if there is no way to cancel something you are charging me for?!

0 Kudos
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Won’t let me cancel a subscription

Jump to solution

@Gina21and @Laurinette , if you highlight the app in question on your Roku's Home Screen and press * on your remote to you get an option to "Manage subscription"?  If so, you should be able to cancel it or stop the auto-renewal.  Otherwise, you have to deal with billing support at https://support.roku.com/contactus.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuBernie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @lisab4_,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know what you are experiencing with your NFL channel. We understand that you are having trouble canceling the subscription. 

We'd like to know where you purchased your subscription. If it's through Roku, we advise you to contact our Accounts and Billing team. They are the experts in handling this type of concern. You can visit our support page at Roku Accounts and Billing.

Suppose you purchase the subscription directly from the channel provider. In that case, we advise you to contact the NFL channel directly because many channels/apps on Roku are created, maintained, and updated by the channel providers themselves. You can contact NFL Support.

In addition, you can also go to our Support article on how to turn off auto-renew and cancel a subscription.

We hope you find this information helpful.

Warm regards,
Bernie

Bernie D.
Roku Community Moderator

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings from the Roku community, @1sturgisboy!

We understand that you've decided to unsubscribe from the 7-day trial with your channel, and we're here to assist you!

If you need to manage your subscription or trial subscription, you can use your Roku device or visit our Roku website. To make things easy, here are the steps you need to follow:

How to manage channel subscriptions using Roku Device or Roku TV:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote  

2. Scroll and highlight the channel tile. 
  3. Press the star * button.
  4. Scroll and select Manage app. (You manage by subscribing or unsubscribing through this step)

How to manage channel subscriptions using the Roku website:

1. Sign in to your Roku account.
  2. Scroll and select Subscriptions
  3. Under active subscriptions (Choose the subscription you want to cancel or renew)

We hope this information was helpful to you. If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Laurinette
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I'm experiencing the same issue.  I've tried to "cancel my subscription" as per the instructions, but my account says I have no subscriptions.  My card continues to be charged every month.  I've tried calling, writing letters, emailing and still I cannot get this monthly charge to be stopped.  The charge is for Peacock TV LLC, but Peacock TV says I have to contact Roku to get the charge discontinued.  Roku has conveniently made it so that no one can call or reach them to discontinue.  I've canceled debit cards and received replacement cards, yet Roku still seems to charge the new cards and I know I have not given the new card number.  

0 Kudos
Gina21
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It sounds like we are experiencing the exact same issue. I also cancelled my card on file, but somehow they are continuing to take out the monthly charge. My subscription is for NFHS. When I contacted them they said I subscribed to the channel through Roku so it has to be canceled through them. Feel like I’m in a vicious cycle. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Gina21and @Laurinette , if you highlight the app in question on your Roku's Home Screen and press * on your remote to you get an option to "Manage subscription"?  If so, you should be able to cancel it or stop the auto-renewal.  Otherwise, you have to deal with billing support at https://support.roku.com/contactus.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
lisab4_

Jump to solution

I’m trying to cancel a NFL subscription but it’s saying I don’t have any active subscriptions but I got charged for it. I’ve been trying to cancel this subscription since February.

0 Kudos
Laurinette
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

You may want to try signing in with any old email addresses that you may have used when you signed up for it.

0 Kudos
RokuBernie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @lisab4_,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know what you are experiencing with your NFL channel. We understand that you are having trouble canceling the subscription. 

We'd like to know where you purchased your subscription. If it's through Roku, we advise you to contact our Accounts and Billing team. They are the experts in handling this type of concern. You can visit our support page at Roku Accounts and Billing.

Suppose you purchase the subscription directly from the channel provider. In that case, we advise you to contact the NFL channel directly because many channels/apps on Roku are created, maintained, and updated by the channel providers themselves. You can contact NFL Support.

In addition, you can also go to our Support article on how to turn off auto-renew and cancel a subscription.

We hope you find this information helpful.

Warm regards,
Bernie

Bernie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Laurinette
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Did you use a different email address (maybe an old one that you no longer use) when setting up the account?

dial this number: 1-816-272-8106. Press extension number 1 for tech concerns, and press 2 for Billing inquiries.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Can’t end 7 day trial

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings from the Roku community, @1sturgisboy!

We understand that you've decided to unsubscribe from the 7-day trial with your channel, and we're here to assist you!

If you need to manage your subscription or trial subscription, you can use your Roku device or visit our Roku website. To make things easy, here are the steps you need to follow:

How to manage channel subscriptions using Roku Device or Roku TV:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote  

2. Scroll and highlight the channel tile. 
  3. Press the star * button.
  4. Scroll and select Manage app. (You manage by subscribing or unsubscribing through this step)

How to manage channel subscriptions using the Roku website:

1. Sign in to your Roku account.
  2. Scroll and select Subscriptions
  3. Under active subscriptions (Choose the subscription you want to cancel or renew)

We hope this information was helpful to you. If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos