Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wellplayedwines
Reel Rookie

Re: When I try to watch Showtime it forces me to change to annual plan.

I am using the Paramount+ app - there is obviously some sort of glitch.  Not willing to cancel a whole months subscription when I have no idea if I would be refunded by Roku.  This is all so silly.  Anyone else having the same issues or have you found a work around?  Thanks for the help.

Megan

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome, and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community, @wellplayedwines.

Since your subscription is under Roku, our Account and Billing team would be more than happy to sort this out for you and answer your further queries. 

Kindly visit our Account and Billing Support page and choose the "Account, payments & subscriptions" category. You should have the option to talk, chat, or email to one of our live experts. 

Let us know if there's anything else we can be of assistance with, or feel free to create a thread for different concerns. We'd be more than happy to help you with anything.

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Chunter

Having the same issue. No matter how I try to watch it won't allow me to.

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community, @Chunter.

Rest assured that we will find you the best resolution possible with regard to accessing the Showtime app on your Roku streaming device.

As we checked, you have multiple devices linked to your account. May we know which of these devices you are having issues with accessing the Showtime app? In addition, do you have an active subscription with it? If so, is it directly through the app or under/through Roku? Also, are there any error messages prompted on your screen whenever you try to access it? If so, kindly provide us with a photo of it if possible. 

The best course of action will be suggested once we have a better understanding of the situation. We'll be anticipating your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jdccs
Reel Rookie

Carly, from Roku, has yet to answer what is obviously a widespread issue. She misunderstood the OP, then addressed the OP, suggesting that the problem resides with one of his or her devices, rather than with app itself. Yet this thread is full of others saying they have the same problem. IT'S THE APP, CARLY!! on all of Roku account devices, too, including very new Roku devices.

Please try to really help, and pay attention to what customers are saying. The Paramount+ with Showtime monthly plan does NOT allow access to Showtime, even though we're paying for Showtime. Clicking on Showtime programming defaults to the app trying get us to pay for the plan with one annual payment up front. If this the ploy, at least acknowledge that. If it's a fault with the app, acknowledge that. And, the fix it. Otherwise, there should be easy automatic refund for the first month paid for.

It doesn't have to be as complicated as you're making it, Carly. 

Jdccs
Reel Rookie

ROKU is of little to no help with this issue. Curiously, we can't "remove" the app, so there's no way to see if that helps. It seems to be fixture of Roku, now.

Calling the Paramount+ help phone number, found by navigating through their support pages (perhaps Googling for the number) is actually helpful. A couple quick confirmations of the account email and zip code, and the person did something on their end that, after I logged out & back in, made everything work.

Nothing you can do through Roku or the app directly. But Paramount+ support was quick and efficient.