Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unrequested Free 7-day trial period

Jump to solution

I received an email stating that my free 7-day trial for the Dove channel would be billed next week if I didn't cancel.  Is this what Roku is now doing?  Adding free trial subscriptions in hopes that you might not notice and then bill you when you don't cancel?  I've been traveling out of the country and just returned home.  I didn't use Roku for all that time, so I didn't request a free trial of anything. Why do I have to go into Roku and cancel something, so I don't get changed for it, when I never requested it in the first place?  I'd really like for someone from Roku to explain this to me!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Unrequested Free 7-day trial period

Jump to solution

Hello @watcher1234

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

You can cancel your channel subscription directly from the Roku device or at my.roku.com. For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: How to unsubscribe, cancel, or turn off auto-renew for a subscription

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Regards,
Karla

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @watcher1234

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

You can cancel your channel subscription directly from the Roku device or at my.roku.com. For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: How to unsubscribe, cancel, or turn off auto-renew for a subscription

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Thief

Jump to solution

I was billed for the Dove channel and I did not sign up for it. It’s illegal to subscribe others without their permission. I want the money you stole from me returned. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Thief, you have to contact "Account, payments & subscriptions" at https://support.roku.com/contactus.  That may be difficult on a holiday weekend, but that's where you should start.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos