Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GregWAtl

Trying to remove Roku billing

Jump to solution

I am at my wits end with this. I am trying to move from Roku billing to Hulu billing. Every month, I have a charge on my credit card from Roku for my Hulu service. When I log into Roku and go to manage my subscriptions, it says I don't have any active subscriptions. Thinking maybe I really do have Hulu billing (even though my credit card clearly says the charge is from Roku), I go log in to my Hulu acount and it asks me if I want to re-subscribe and to pick a plan. 

What is going on here, Who is on first? I'm half tempted to have my credit card company just block the charge from Roku and be done witht it.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Trying to remove Roku billing

Jump to solution

Hi @Laurinette,

Thanks for the post in the Roku Community!

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. That's not what we aim for. 

In this matter, it would be best to talk to our Account-Billing team, as they are the ones who can further assist with your concerns.

You can contact them here. Choose "Account, payment, & subscription," and there should be an option to talk to one of our live representatives.

You can also check the charges on your account, and this link will help you out: How to review your purchase history and charges to your Roku account.

Note that if a subscription is billed through Roku, there are two ways to cancel it. The first is via the website, and the second is directly on your TV screen. Here are the instructions on how to cancel a membership via the website:

1. Sign in to your Roku account.
  2. Select Manage your subscriptions.
  3. Select the channel or subscription under Active Subscriptions.
  4. Select Turn off auto-renew.
  5. Choose a cancellation reason to complete the process and select Continue to cancel.

If you need the steps on how to cancel from your TV screen, visit this link: How to unsubscribe, cancel, or turn off auto-renew for a subscription.

Note: If you're billed directly by a subscription provider, such as Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and others, your billing relationship is with that provider, and you must contact them directly to cancel that subscription.

We hope this information helps you. Let us know if you still have any questions.

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Gigi01,

Thanks for the first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you wanted to stop your Autopay for your CBS subscription. We're happy to assist.

To cancel your Autopay subscriptions billed through Roku Pay:

1. Sign in to your Roku account and go to Subscriptions.
  2. Under Active subscriptions, select the subscription you want to cancel, and then select Turn off auto-renew.
  3. Continue to use your subscription until the end of your current billing cycle.

You may also refer to this Support page to learn about how to turn off auto-renew and cancel a subscription.

Alternatively, you can directly contact our account-billing team through the link here. Kindly choose the "Accounts, Payments, and Subscriptions" category. An option to talk to a live representative should be available. They are the best ones to help you with your subscription concerns.

We hope this information helps. Let us know if you still have any questions or concerns.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

If you highlight the Hulu icon on your Home Screen and press * on your remote do you get an option to "Manage subscription"?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Laurinette
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I've tried to "cancel my subscription" as per the instructions, but my account says I have no subscriptions.  My card continues to be charged every month.  I've tried calling, writing letters, emailing and still I cannot get this monthly charge to be stopped.  The charge is for Peacock TV LLC, but Peacock TV says I have to contact Roku to get the charge discontinued.  Roku has conveniently made it so that no one can call or reach them to discontinue.  I've canceled debit cards and received replacement cards, yet Roku still seems to charge the new cards and I know I have not given the new card number. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Laurinette,

Thanks for the post in the Roku Community!

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. That's not what we aim for. 

In this matter, it would be best to talk to our Account-Billing team, as they are the ones who can further assist with your concerns.

You can contact them here. Choose "Account, payment, & subscription," and there should be an option to talk to one of our live representatives.

You can also check the charges on your account, and this link will help you out: How to review your purchase history and charges to your Roku account.

Note that if a subscription is billed through Roku, there are two ways to cancel it. The first is via the website, and the second is directly on your TV screen. Here are the instructions on how to cancel a membership via the website:

1. Sign in to your Roku account.
  2. Select Manage your subscriptions.
  3. Select the channel or subscription under Active Subscriptions.
  4. Select Turn off auto-renew.
  5. Choose a cancellation reason to complete the process and select Continue to cancel.

If you need the steps on how to cancel from your TV screen, visit this link: How to unsubscribe, cancel, or turn off auto-renew for a subscription.

Note: If you're billed directly by a subscription provider, such as Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and others, your billing relationship is with that provider, and you must contact them directly to cancel that subscription.

We hope this information helps you. Let us know if you still have any questions.

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
Gigi01

Jump to solution

I need help with stopping Autopay on my Roku for CBS

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Gigi01,

Thanks for the first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you wanted to stop your Autopay for your CBS subscription. We're happy to assist.

To cancel your Autopay subscriptions billed through Roku Pay:

1. Sign in to your Roku account and go to Subscriptions.
  2. Under Active subscriptions, select the subscription you want to cancel, and then select Turn off auto-renew.
  3. Continue to use your subscription until the end of your current billing cycle.

You may also refer to this Support page to learn about how to turn off auto-renew and cancel a subscription.

Alternatively, you can directly contact our account-billing team through the link here. Kindly choose the "Accounts, Payments, and Subscriptions" category. An option to talk to a live representative should be available. They are the best ones to help you with your subscription concerns.

We hope this information helps. Let us know if you still have any questions or concerns.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos