Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lenepaul
Reel Rookie

Roku representative said my account does not exist

Recently, I bought a new Roku Smart TV for my family. My daughter noticed that we were getting charged for something we didn't have through Roku on my credit card (just $4.99 but it adds up so I wanted to address it early). We called a representative but when I gave the email of our Roku TV, the representative said they could not find our account. That email is the one explicitly listed on our TV and we can log in through it too. We did eventually manage to find the account using the credit card and it was under some other email which we recognized as some default email that showed up on the TV when we were first setting things up.

It was a very bizarre situation. 

Is there a way to make sure my account actually exists? The representative we spoke too couldn't help with that regard. I believe the representative deleted that other account that for some bizarre reason has my credit card but I wanted to make sure.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Roku representative said my account does not exist

Was the representative you spoke with from the credit card or Roku?  Was the TV new out of the box?  It appears the TV was previously set up by someone else.  The TV should not have had a default email that showed up when you were setting it up.  Did you enter your credit card information while that default email was still on the TV?  

0 Kudos
lenepaul
Reel Rookie

The representative was from Roku. We bought the TV from Best Buy and it was not open box so it should have been brand new. We put in our credit card information on the TV after we had changed the email and as far as I could tell, our email saved and it does show up on our TV. It was mostly very strange that our representative said they were unable to find our account even though I can log in here just fine and our email shows up in the settings page on the TV.

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Login to your Roku account on a computer or phone using the email address listed on your TV.  Go to manage your subscriptions.  All your current and expired subscriptions should be listed there.  Also scroll down to My linked devices.  Your TV should be listed.  You can also check your payment method which should match the one on your TV.  If all of this is as expected you are good with Roku.

However, I am concerned that someone else has your credit card information.  Roku does not have live telephone support so if you spoke with a live representative they were not from Roku.  If the charge of $4.99 is not listed on your Roku subscriptions it is not from Roku.  Do you have any other subscriptions like Disney+, Paramount+, Peacock, etc... that you subscribed to from the provider?  If not you need to contact your credit card provider to check on any unexpected charges.  

0 Kudos
lenepaul
Reel Rookie

Hello, 
Thank you for the information. We got the number from https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options is that not affiliated with Roku?

We have Paramount+ and Peacock but they don't seem to show up on the account and our account says that we don't have any active subscriptions. I can confirm that we have both those channels on our tv. And can log in to those channels on the computer through email and password.

But neither show up on my account. I'm at a complete loss.

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

That is affiliated with Roku.  I didn't think they had actual phone support.  Good to know.  Since both channels work you must have subscribed somewhere else perhaps directly from the service itself.   I would login to both Paramount+ and Peacock on the computer.  I don't have Paramount+, but on Peacock when you go to your account it will tell you how your plan is billed.  In my case my Peacock is billed by google and that is clearly stated on the Peacock page.  

0 Kudos