Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pamelat1

Re: Unknown charges associated with debit card

My husband and I brought a roku TV and now he keeps being billed automatically out of his debit account.

We don't know any information as far as account numbers and we checked on our TV and took off any credit card associated with roku. Still our debit cards are being charged different amounts,at least three times a day.

Yul Hawkins 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Speaking to a live agent!

Have you contacted your bank?  That would be the first thing I did.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Jeremiah-Roku
Retired Moderator

Good call out @renojim !

Yul - Sending you a private message to discuss your situation further! Talk soon.

Happy Streaming!
Jeremiah-Roku
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Pamelat1-

You say you removed your credit card information from your Roku account.  Did Roku EVER have the information for the debit card?  If not, logic would say the charges aren't coming from Roku.

Scammers can label their charges with any text they like, so if the charge says it's from Roku, that doesn't necessarily mean it really IS from Roku.

When you were setting up your Roku TV did you do any sort of web search for setup or registration help?   There are scammers out there with bogus websites masquerading as Roku.  If you connected with one of them and gave them your debit card info, then that would be the source of these charges.  

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos