Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does my roku account connect to all my roku devices in my house or are they paid separately?

Do I pay once and I'm able to have multiple devices with the same payment?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Does my roku account connect to all my roku devices in my house or are they paid separately?

@Noeylovesjesus-

Your channel apps are attached to your Roku ACCOUNT.  All Rokus linked to the same account (i.e. their Settings > System > About shows the same email address) will get all channels from that account that they are capable of running (some older Roku models may not be able to download and run some of the newer channels).

Any subscriptions you have THROUGH ROKU are valid for all Rokus linked to the Roku account through which they were purchased, so you only pay for one subscription.  If you have Rokus linked to different accounts, each account would have to have its own paid subscription for channels subscribed to through Roku.

Any subscriptions you have made directly with the channel services' own websites will be available on ALL Rokus, regardless of what Roku account they are linked to - you just log into these channel apps with your credentials for that channel service.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Does my roku account connect to all my roku devices in my house or are they paid separately?

To add to what @makaiguy  said, there is no payment to activate or use a Roku device.  Watch out for scams.  Individual channels/apps may require a purchase or subscription, but there's plenty of free, mostly ad-supported, content available.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.