Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tonyshangrila
Channel Surfer

Re: Peacock subscription active and paid through ROKU but can’t access on my TV.

Jump to solution

Nothing personal here, I appreciate your help, but - it's not.  There are no details about my peacock account listed in Roku.  All I can do is cancel the subscription renewal.

🤷‍♂️

Right now, I'm waiting to hear back from a higher tier customer service "team" at peacock.  We'll see what happens.

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Peacock subscription active and paid through ROKU but can’t access on my TV.

Jump to solution

@tonyshangrila No problem.  Sorry the help didn't work, However I would suggest when you get this sorted out that you cancel the subscription renewal with Roku as you indicated you intended to do and subscribe directly from Peacock.  It appears to me that many if not most of the subscription problems posted here involve subscriptions through Roku.  I always subscribe directly from the service for two reasons. (1) I know who is responsible and don't have to deal with Peacock saying contact Roku and Roku saying contact Peacock (2) I can use the app on non Roku streaming devices like my Apple TV along with on my Roku devices.  

tonyshangrila
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Here's the epic conclusion: 

The 2nd-level customer service folk at Peacock gave me a promo code for the duration of premium service I had purchased through Roku, and advised me to cancel the Roku-based renewal.

Ultimately, I got the outcome I wanted (using the service I paid for), but what an amazing hassle.  I was in 3 different live chats with CSR's for a total of about 2 hours, and finally had everything sorted after approximately 2.5 days.

Totally agree with @HDMIGuy that subscribing to anything via your Roku account is a bad idea. 👍👍