Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ewangle

Parent moved out of state, need to cancel account but no access to email account

My elderly mother recently moved to California from out of state.  I just noticed there are monthly Roku charges.  She no longer has a Roku device or access to her old ISP's email account now that she's no longer a customer.  How do we cancel her account please? 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Parent moved out of state, need to cancel account but no access to email account

@ewangle 

You should go to the Roku Contact page and submit a billing issue.

If the Roku password was saved on one of her computers, you may be able to log in and access. If you can get in, look at the subscriptions page and verify that there actually is a subscription. It's a popular scam that some payment card thieves do that involves submitting payments falsely listing Roku, Hulu, Disney, HBO, or other streaming companies or services. In other words, she may not actually have a subscription. If that's the case, you'll want to submit a fraud claim.

But do make the contact via the page listed earlier first. It may be legit, if you know what kind of subscription she had, whether Netflix, Hulu, or some other service via Roku Pay.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Re: Parent moved out of state, need to cancel account but no access to email account

Hi @ewangle, we're happy to help! There are different methods to find your mother's account that we can go through. We'll be reaching out through private message here on the Roku Community, to collect information from you in order to go through this process. You can check your inbox by clicking the mail icon at the top of your page. If you have any issues finding our message, please let us know.

0 Kudos