Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaimemrknapp
Reel Rookie

Paramount+ through Walmart+ subscription

Jump to solution

I had a trial Paramount+ which worked properly, then changed my Walmart to Walmart+ which includes Paramount+ Essentials. I cannot get Roku billing to recognize this billing. Roku managing indicates that I take it up with Walmart and Walmart+ help chat could not resolve the issue.

Now that my original Paramount+ Essential trial has expired, billing has changed to monthly billing through Roku. This works, but I am paying for something that I should be receiving through Walmart. Any idea on how to resolve this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Paramount+ through Walmart+ subscription

Jump to solution

If you're using "Roku Pay" you can't combine it with an offer from some 3rd party.  You need to cancel your subscription through Roku and then sign in with the credentials you'd use on the Paramount+ website or to sign in on some other device.  Even if you cancel your Roku subscription today it would be valid until the end of its term, so that complicates the issue.  Also, there's a difference between watching a premium service through "The Roku Channel" and watching that service through the provider's stand-alone channel/app.  I'm assuming you were/are using the stand-alone Paramount+ channel/app.  You can try to contact billing to see if you can get that charge reversed and cancel it immediately, but don't get your hopes up:

https://support.roku.com/contactus/abo

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

If you're using "Roku Pay" you can't combine it with an offer from some 3rd party.  You need to cancel your subscription through Roku and then sign in with the credentials you'd use on the Paramount+ website or to sign in on some other device.  Even if you cancel your Roku subscription today it would be valid until the end of its term, so that complicates the issue.  Also, there's a difference between watching a premium service through "The Roku Channel" and watching that service through the provider's stand-alone channel/app.  I'm assuming you were/are using the stand-alone Paramount+ channel/app.  You can try to contact billing to see if you can get that charge reversed and cancel it immediately, but don't get your hopes up:

https://support.roku.com/contactus/abo

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
PKLDAM

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issues with Walmart+ and Paramont+. Guess they can’t work together, which Walmart should have resolved before they offered it as a benefit!