Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmatt
Reel Rookie

Re: Paid for Peacock Premium on the 10th but still not getting it and it's already the 15th

They are just giving us the run around. They say it is a Peacock issue and Peacock says Roku has our account placed on hold. They will not give you a straight answer when you call. They just say we are working on it. Today, they told me they would be crediting us for the days we are without our service. I am not holding my breath. Might be easier to not pay Roku and just go through Peacock.

tommitchell1960
Channel Surfer

Re: Paid for Peacock Premium on the 10th but still not getting it and it's already the 15th

I wonder if it is possible to do that, just go directly through Peacock without Roku. It might be a lot easier and no hassle. 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @tommitchell1960 @kmatt,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having problems with your subscription. To be better assisted with your subscription inquiries, we highly suggest that you contact our Accounts and Billing team since they are the specialized department to best cater to your inquiry. To contact them, kindly refer to this link here. Select the Accounts and Billing option to be directed to their contact information.
Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kmatt
Reel Rookie

I have spoken with FIVE different representatives between yesterday and today. I have also spoken to Peacock, they referred my back to Roku.  The only response I am getting is that you are working on it and don't have an answer right now. That is not acceptable. When my payment posts to my account tonight, I am contacting the bank tomorrow and disputing the charge since you took my money and are not delivering the service. I will then go directly to Peacock and eventually get rid of Roku altogether. There are too many options out there for me to get dismissed by your representatives. You need my business more than I need yours. I can access the same content I have without giving you a dime of my money!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@tommitchell1960and @kmatt , you'll find that most people here would recommend always subscribing directly with a provider and bypassing "Roku Pay" for the most flexibility and the least amount of aggravation.  I'd add to that to avoid subscriptions through "The Roku Channel" which are by far the most restrictive and confusing kind of subscription you can get.

You can definitely subscribe directly with Peacock and then use the stand-alone Peacock app (don't try to access it through "The Roku Channel") logging in with the email address and password you established on the Peacock website.  You may have to wait until your subscription through Roku expires, but if you already have the Peacock app installed I'd remove it, restart your Roku device (don't skip this), and then add it again.  The procedure should remove any saved data on your device that could interfere with logging in.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.