Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an annual fee for Roku?

Today I had a page come up that said my account is set to expire, and I needed to pay the fee to keep our service.  I called and talked to a representative, who gave me a big spill about different plans, going up to $499.00 for lifetime!  She said I paid $129.99 last year.  I looked through my records and I never paid this.  So I looked on the website, where it says there is never any charge for Roku service after you buy a device or Roku TV.  I called back hoping to talk to a different rep, and it was the same person!  She kept trying to explain why we have to pay this, I told her I had no record of paying, so she emailed me an invoice.  It looked hand typed.  

Has anyone ever been told you have to pay a yearly annual fee?  She told me it has now gone up to $199, but she could give me a discount today of $149.  Now all our paid subscriptions have gone off of our Home Screen.

Thanks,

Rhonda

1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Is there an annual fee for Roku?

IT'S A SCAM!!!!  There's no fee to use Roku, period.  Be careful what you click on.  It's practically impossible to contact Roku by phone, so if it's too easy, it's not Roku.

I don't know what you mean by, "Now all our paid subscriptions have gone off of our Home Screen".  Is the email address that's displayed under Settings->System->About yours or someone else's?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.