Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dwuebben
Reel Rookie

Cannot cancel Peacock through my Roku or through peacock either on the tv or online

Jump to solution
  • My peacock saying it’s billed through Roku. Roku not showing any active subscriptions but they are billing me monthly on my credit card. They don’t show any payments so how is peacock being paid. I’m unable to cancel through peacock or Roku. Several calls to Roku and my bank. Bank says only Roku can cancel. 
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuReynan-L
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Cannot cancel Peacock through my Roku or through peacock either on the tv or online

Jump to solution

Hi, @dwuebben

Thanks for bringing this to our attention about being unable to cancel your subscription. No worries, we're here to help.
To start, have you tried checking the email address associated with your streaming device? 

To check, you may follow these steps: Home > Settings > System > About.

You may also follow these steps to review the charges on your account: 

1. Sign in to my.roku.com
  2. Go toPurchase history & invoices
  3. Review your invoices forContent or Products

To cancel the subscription, you may visit this support article on how to turn off auto-renew and cancel a subscription

If you're still unable to locate the subscription, you can try reaching our Account and Billing team to cancel the subscription. You may visit our Account and Billing Support page and select the "Account, payments & subscriptions" category. You'll have an option to chat or call us.

We hope you find this information helpful.

Regards,
Reynan

Reynan L.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuReynan-L
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Cannot cancel Peacock through my Roku or through peacock either on the tv or online

Jump to solution

Hi, @dwuebben

Thanks for bringing this to our attention about being unable to cancel your subscription. No worries, we're here to help.
To start, have you tried checking the email address associated with your streaming device? 

To check, you may follow these steps: Home > Settings > System > About.

You may also follow these steps to review the charges on your account: 

1. Sign in to my.roku.com
  2. Go toPurchase history & invoices
  3. Review your invoices forContent or Products

To cancel the subscription, you may visit this support article on how to turn off auto-renew and cancel a subscription

If you're still unable to locate the subscription, you can try reaching our Account and Billing team to cancel the subscription. You may visit our Account and Billing Support page and select the "Account, payments & subscriptions" category. You'll have an option to chat or call us.

We hope you find this information helpful.

Regards,
Reynan

Reynan L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dwuebben
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

No I do not find this helpful. This is a scam. Roku charging me every 2 weeks for Peacock and Roku channel. On line it says I do not have any active accounts so I am unable to cancel online or on the TV. 

0 Kudos
RokuReynan-L
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @dwuebben.

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear that you were still unable to locate the charges on your account.

In this case, we highly suggest contacting our Account and Billing team to cancel the subscription. To help you locate the charge on your account, you may visit our Account and Billing Support page and select the "Account, payments & subscriptions" category. You'll have an option to chat or call us.

We hope this will be sorted out soon.

Regards,
Reynan.

Reynan L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@dwuebben There is no charge for the Roku channel.  If you click the * button on your Roku remote are you given a choice to remove the Peacock app.  If yes you can remove the Peacock app you are not subscribed through Roku.  If you can not remove the Peacock app by hitting the * key you are billed by Roku.  If you determine that you are in fact billed by Roku go to settings, system, about and check the email on your Roku device.  Does that match the email you are using to login to your Roku account on a computer?  If the emails match is it possible you have a second Roku account with a different email address?

0 Kudos