Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I keep getting charged for Roku Warner media what’s that?

Jump to solution

@Vesta how did you cancel your subscription? Simply deleting the channel from your Roku device does not accomplish that. You have to log into your Roku user account (https://my.roku.com) and cancel the subscription there. 

If you log in and there is no subscription listed, you are being scammed, as you are not being charged by Roku. It doesn't matter what your CC statement says, as the scammers can make the charge say whatever they want. If you have no Roku subscriptions, you need to contest the charges with your CC company, and should probably have the card cancelled and reissued, as the scammers all have your CC information and will continue to submit bogus charges. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi @Vesta

Thank you for the inquiry!

For these issues, it may be more effective for you to get help from our billing team.
Please contact them directly through our Account-Billing Support page. Choose the options for "Account, payments & subscriptions" and they are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

We hope it helps!

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Kjsmurff

Jump to solution

How did you get the problem solved 

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Kjsmurff I have no idea who you are asking if they got the problem solved or what exact problem.  There are a variety of posts on this thread from different people with different concerns.  If you have a specific question we will try to help you.

0 Kudos
Angry13

Jump to solution

I reached out to the support team.  They want to charge me $1 to communicate with me.   That's BS.   Guessing I just will cancel all my roku channels.   Is there not anyone to talk to without being charged.   

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Angry13 wrote:

I reached out to the support team.  They want to charge me $1 to communicate with me.  

You did NOT reach genuine Roku support. They do not charge for assistance. You likely did a web search for Roku support, and you reached a bogus site that claims to be Roku. All they want to do is steal your money and potentially your financial information and Roku credentials. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Angry13,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry about the issue. It sounds like you weren't speaking with a Roku representative. Roku will never charge you an activation or support fee, and we won't ask for sensitive details like payment information over the phone or ask for remote access to your computer.

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: How to protect yourself from activation and technical support scams | Official Roku Support

If you believe that you have interacted with a fraudulent website or fallen victim to an activation or technical support scam, please tell us about your experience, and if desired, request follow-up from a Roku customer service agent.

If you continue to have questions about a charge, contact customer support. If the charge isn't from Roku, contact your bank or credit card company.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Angry13 Login to your Roku account on a computer.  Go to manage subscriptions.  If the subscription is listed you can unsubscribe there.  Warner Media may be HBO Max.  While you are logged in I suggest you set up a PIN to make purchases.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I also have this monthly on my bank statement. Did anyone figure out what it's actually for?

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @stefanied2023

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

It may be more effective to seek assistance from our Billing team for account and billing issues. You can contact them at account and billing support and then choose 'Account, payments & subscription'. They are the most qualified to assist you in this matter.

Thank you for your understanding and stay safe!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos