Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unsneakycindy
Reel Rookie

I am 72 yrs old, and just realized I am being charged monthly for something I know nothing about!

Jump to solution

I am on a limited income and I am struggling enough, I have ordered nothing from Roku! What is the error, or am I getting ripped off? This has stressed me out so much! What is going on and why am I paying anything to Roku? It looks like this is happening a whole lot to people here! and with no notice from roku! my son bought me a roku tv as a gift, has roku been paid by me since christmas of 2021? i am so angry! 😡 i demand to be reimbursed from this con game! that's exactly what it amounts to when you take money without notifying us!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: I am 72 yrs old, and just realized I am being charged monthly for something I know nothing ab...

Jump to solution

Hi @Unsneakycindy,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I understand your sentiments about this and I would feel the same way. Have you verified that you currently do not have any active subscriptions by logging into your Roku account online at my.roku.com and clicking Manage your subscriptions?

For more information about how to review unrecognized charges, you can take a look at this link: What to do if there is a charge you do not recognize | Official Roku Support

In addition, I would highly recommend creating a Roku PIN for your account to avoid any further unwanted purchases on your Roku account in the future. For more information about using a Roku PIN, visit our Support page here: How to create, reset, find, or delete your PIN for your Roku account | Official Roku Support

If you need further assistance with account and billing-related issues, don't hesitate to get in touch with them directly through our Account-Billing Support page. Choose the options for "Account, payments & subscriptions" and you'll be able to send an email request there.

Best regards,
Mary

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: I am 72 yrs old, and just realized I am being charged monthly for something I know nothing ab...

Jump to solution

Hi @Unsneakycindy,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I understand your sentiments about this and I would feel the same way. Have you verified that you currently do not have any active subscriptions by logging into your Roku account online at my.roku.com and clicking Manage your subscriptions?

For more information about how to review unrecognized charges, you can take a look at this link: What to do if there is a charge you do not recognize | Official Roku Support

In addition, I would highly recommend creating a Roku PIN for your account to avoid any further unwanted purchases on your Roku account in the future. For more information about using a Roku PIN, visit our Support page here: How to create, reset, find, or delete your PIN for your Roku account | Official Roku Support

If you need further assistance with account and billing-related issues, don't hesitate to get in touch with them directly through our Account-Billing Support page. Choose the options for "Account, payments & subscriptions" and you'll be able to send an email request there.

Best regards,
Mary

HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: I am 72 yrs old, and just realized I am being charged monthly for something I know nothing about

Jump to solution

@Unsneakycindy There is no charge for Roku.  It is possible that someone clicked on an app that resulted in a  paid subscription.  Using the email you used to login here, login to your Roku account on a computer or phone and go to manage subscriptions.  If the charge is from Roku any subscriptions you have will be listed there.  You can unsubscribe while logged in.  I would also suggest setting up a PIN to make purchases so this does not happen again. 

Unsneakycindy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I CHECKED AND I HAVE NO PURCHASES FROM ANYONE! I NEVER MADE ANY PURCHASES. THE STREAMING I USE IS FROM MY SON AND FROM MY AMAZON AND I HAVE BASIC CABLE, SO I NEED NOTHING MORE. I HAVE MY FAVORITE SHOWS AND I LIVE ALONE! NOW WILL I BE REIMBURSED AND WHEN CAN I EXPECT IT. OUR GOVERNMENT HAS DECIDED TO CUT FOOD BENEFITS FROM FAMILIES AND SENIORS JUST WHEN THE COST OF FOOD IS GOING HIGHER AND I AM NOT HAPPY! BEING A DIABETIC AND HEART FAILURE AM ON A SPECIAL DIET... NO SUGAR AND NO SALT, AND THAT FOOD COSTS MORE! I PAID $6.00 FOR GRAPES, SO YOU CAN SEE WHY I AM KIND OF **bleep**Y ABOUT MONEY! 😂 IT'S EASY TO GET STRESSED! SO THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!

PLEASE LET ME KNOW ABOUT MY REIMBURSEMENT! 👵

0 Kudos