Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SSebold68
Reel Rookie

I Want To Delete My Roku Account

Jump to solution

If I delete my Roku Account will that stop all billing to my credit card for channels I am unable to watch?  I’m being charged for channels I am unable to watch or cancel because they are not showing on my account? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: I Want To Delete My Roku Account

Jump to solution

Hello! @SSebold68,

Thank you for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us regarding the charges that are not reflected in your account. We are pleased to assist.

If you find charges you don't recognize on your Roku account, payment method, or another charge you want to dispute, try the following before contacting Roku Customer Support.

• Confirm the charge is from Roku.
  • Determine whether the subscription is managed by Roku
  • Determine whether a streaming service provider manages the subscription

If there's a subscription you don't recognize, it's a good idea to review your purchase history to determine what the charge could be, such as:

• A charge from a free trial for a streaming subscription service that you didn't cancel. Free streaming subscription trials automatically turn into paid subscriptions that are billed regularly. To avoid being charged for a subscription, you must cancel your subscription on or before the last day of the free trial period. If the charge is for a subscription you no longer want, you can cancel the subscription to prevent future charges.
  • A family member or roommate who shares your Roku device purchased without your knowledge. If you share your Roku device with others, you may want to create a PIN to protect against unauthorized purchases in the future.

If you can't find the charge in your purchase history, you may have more than one Roku account and have purchased or signed up for the subscription through a different account. If so, you may not realize you're being charged for a subscription or getting charged twice for the same subscription.

To keep your charges and subscriptions organized in one place and share subscriptions across Roku devices, Roku recommends using the same account to set up all your devices. To determine what Roku account you're using with each Roku device, verify the email you used to set up the device.

If you still don't recognize the charge and want to dispute it, contact customer support. If the charge isn't from Roku, contact your bank or credit card company.

For more detailed information, please see this: What to do if you don't recognize a charge on your Roku account.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
SSebold68
Reel Rookie

Paying for subscription that I can’t cancel!

Jump to solution

Is there any live HELP on here? 
No freaking phone number, No chat help it’s Maddening!!! 

I have 3 SUBSCRIPTIONS that I am unable to cancel on Roku BECAUSE they are not showing! 

my email has NOT changed OR do I use a different one. 

The last subscription they show is HULU from 2021, which was cancelled in 2022 after credit card expired! 

I am UNABLE to watch OR cancel my current subscriptions due to Roku YET they are STILL billing me! 
ROKU PLEASE HELP ME! Check your system! 

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

If they don't show on your account, then deleting it will do nothing..

You may have fraudulent charges. On your scarf statements, what is the EXACT text description of the charges? Maybe someone can check if they match genuine charges.

Also, did you ever have another Roku under a different account?

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @SSebold68,

Thank you for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us regarding the charges that are not reflected in your account. We are pleased to assist.

If you find charges you don't recognize on your Roku account, payment method, or another charge you want to dispute, try the following before contacting Roku Customer Support.

• Confirm the charge is from Roku.
  • Determine whether the subscription is managed by Roku
  • Determine whether a streaming service provider manages the subscription

If there's a subscription you don't recognize, it's a good idea to review your purchase history to determine what the charge could be, such as:

• A charge from a free trial for a streaming subscription service that you didn't cancel. Free streaming subscription trials automatically turn into paid subscriptions that are billed regularly. To avoid being charged for a subscription, you must cancel your subscription on or before the last day of the free trial period. If the charge is for a subscription you no longer want, you can cancel the subscription to prevent future charges.
  • A family member or roommate who shares your Roku device purchased without your knowledge. If you share your Roku device with others, you may want to create a PIN to protect against unauthorized purchases in the future.

If you can't find the charge in your purchase history, you may have more than one Roku account and have purchased or signed up for the subscription through a different account. If so, you may not realize you're being charged for a subscription or getting charged twice for the same subscription.

To keep your charges and subscriptions organized in one place and share subscriptions across Roku devices, Roku recommends using the same account to set up all your devices. To determine what Roku account you're using with each Roku device, verify the email you used to set up the device.

If you still don't recognize the charge and want to dispute it, contact customer support. If the charge isn't from Roku, contact your bank or credit card company.

For more detailed information, please see this: What to do if you don't recognize a charge on your Roku account.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Paying for subscription that I can’t cancel!

Jump to solution

I been charged for $4.99 months what is this for?

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Paying for subscription that I can’t cancel!

Jump to solution

On your credit or debit statement, what is the EXACT wording of the bill? A genuine Roku charge also says what service it is for.

Also, double check your subscriptions on your Roku account online. It's possible you accidentally started something, or forgot to cancel before a free trial ended.

0 Kudos