Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mm75098
Reel Rookie

How can you say it is a commercial free subscription but force people to watch commercials?

I have become unbelievably frustrated as a long-time customer of roku. I'm trying to watch a couple seasons of the show mountain men, supposed to be commercial free, but yet it's stopping every few minutes to make me watch two minutes of commercials. It is absolutely ridiculous that the website says that it is commercial free yet they make you watch commercials. It will not be too long and someday there will be some (the censorship software on this forum will not let me use the word that means you went to law school and are able to practice the profession of being a law person-yer) out there putting together a class action  (the censor software caught the words that sound like a lee gal eagle dude wearing a suit, if you put the words together it will pop you. You know litigatio-ohso my friend) to get a huge chunk of money from Roku. We will all end up with maybe $.35. But it will be worth it to see that you all are defrauding people when you say commercial free but yet you make people watch commercials. I love my Roku, but your channels absolutely stinko man!

1 REPLY 1
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: How can you say it is a commercial free subscription but force people to watch commercials?

Where does it say it is commercial free? Does it say it is commercial free on The Roku Channel? From what I see, it says "Free with ads". It also says available on Discovery+ and History Vault, so maybe those offer the ad-free option?

MountainMen.jpg

0 Kudos