Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neo10
Reel Rookie

Double-charged on free trial

My first refund was because I was double-charged by Roku. This time I signed up for a FREE 7-day trial and was instantly charged for the entire amount. Both of these being the fault of Roku, I requested a refund They refused. I reported Roku to my financial institution as a SCAM. They are investigating them. Hopefully, this will shake them up. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
phlume
Streaming Star

Re: Sccccccccaaaaaaaaaammmmm!!!!!!!!!

Is it ROKU that is charging you, or a paid for service within the roku universe? https://www.businessinsider.com/guides/streaming/cancel-roku-subscription

0 Kudos
Neo10
Reel Rookie

Roku itself did it. 

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Keep in mind that you don’t need to use Roku pay to use a Roku.  You can create a Roku account without a payment method, and you can remove a payment method from your Roku account at any time.  Then you can set up accounts directly with the content providers, and login to those accounts on your Roku.  (And as an added benefit, accounts created this way are not tied to any platform.)

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Double-charged on free trial

@Neo10 wrote:

My first refund was because I was double-charged by Roku. This time I signed up for a FREE 7-day trial and was instantly charged for the entire amount. Both of these being the fault of Roku, I requested a refund They refused. I reported Roku to my financial institution as a SCAM. They are investigating them. Hopefully, this will shake them up. 

Hi @Neo10,

Once you sign up for a subscription, in many cases, you'll no longer qualify to preview the channel on a "free trial," and upon review, that's what happened here. Our team refunded the first subscription to the same channel partner last month and is unable to offer additional refunds. We apologize for the inconvenience and we hope that the first refund demonstrates our care to our customers.

To prevent unauthorized access from subscriptions being purchased in the channel store, go ahead and add a PIN to your account. Instructions for adding a PIN can be found here. 

We're going to go ahead and lock this thread, but shoot me a PM if you'd like to discuss further and I'll try and help.

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Manage your subscriptions by logging into your Roku Account.