Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnmsch
Channel Surfer

Can't Login To Roku Ultra, but website works

I have a Roku Ultra 4660 that I haven't used in a few months.  Today I went to he Home screen, selected a channel and got a message that I've been signed out - You have been signed out (Code {errorCode})

Went to log back in and can see my correct email address already filled in the usernamne field, entered the password and get the error Incorrect username or password. Please try again.  Kept trying what I know is the correct password but kept getting the error.

Clicked on Forgot password? and got the email to reset it.  Did the reset but still get the  error.  I've now reset the password 3 times and still can't get in.  The email address and password work fine logging into this Roku website!

Any ideas what the problem is here?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't Login To Roku Ultra, but website works

What channel is giving you the "You have been signed out" message?  You never need to enter your Roku account password on a Roku device, so whatever channel/app you're trying to get into is asking for a password associated with that service, not a Roku account password.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
johnmsch
Channel Surfer

Apologies for not replying sooner.  Yes, it was an app and not Roku itself.  Just seemed a bit confusing, in that the login message was just generic and did not specifically mention the app name.

Thank you

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the added information, @johnmsch!

Before proceeding, may we know what specific app this is? Also, do you have an active subscription with it? 

We suggest performing the basic troubleshooting steps by removing the app. Kindly navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, pressing the star* key on your remote, and choosing "Remove channel." After doing so, restart your device from Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System Restart. After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku channel store and add the channel again.

Let us know how it goes and we'll continue assisting you from there. We'll be anticipating your update!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos